User Avatar Image

Questions for Dominic Armato!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 5.4K users

If you see a guy with the username "dmnkly" skulking around, it's probably Dominic Armato, (better known as) the voice of Guybrush Threepwood!

If you've got any questions for Dom or just want to say hello, drop 'em here!

Dom answers! Let's take a look...

[LIST]
[*]First round of answers! June 1st
[*]Second round of answers! June 2nd
[*]Third round of answers! June 2nd -- again!
[*]Fourth round of answers! June 3rd
[*]Fifth round of answers! June 4th
[*]Sixth round of answers! June 4th -- again!
[*]Seventh round of answers! June 5th
[/LIST]

I don't know when this will end, but that's a lot of answered questions so far! Check those to see if your question has already been answered!

690 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @hamzie said: 10 minutes for that idol puzzle? How is that possible!!!!

It is impossible. That's why noone ever dies in MI. You have to know it, be in the right place and leave the game running to see it. Or you are really stupid.

But I really love Gybrushes look when he died and the "options" you get after that.
    Extra fun: Try to pick up the idol after you are dead.

• @der_ketzer said: It is impossible. That's why noone ever dies in MI. You have to know it, be in the right place and leave the game running to see it. Or you are really stupid.

But I really love Gybrushes look when he died and the "options" you get after that.
    Extra fun: Try to pick up the idol after you are dead.

someone needs to upload a vid. of that

there is only one but its in another language :(

• I have a saved game a that point, but I don't think ScummVM has a record function. I need to get DOSBox again.

There's also a conversation between two pirates, one of whom committed a felony and wants to get rid of the knife. It looks like he's going to drop it in the water, but he decides not to in the end.

Guybrush goes blue after for a while, which changes to a darker shade after a while, then he turns green and floats up to the top. I can't see any option for getting the idol, though.

I'd never done that before. I loved Guybrush's flat "Gee, I don't know how much longer I can hold my breath". I felt bad about killing him.

Oh yeah, this topic is called "Questions for Dominic Armato!" Um... I can't think of anything to ask that hasn't already been asked by someone else. I have some praise, but nothing that hasn't already been said.

• @Bas said: Classic.

i second that lol

• Any theories on how guybrush threepwood ended up on melee island

• @Dmnkly said:
    Here's where I'm going to really embarrass myself by admitting that I've barely touched the other Telltale games (forgive me, guys!). They've mostly been post-kid, and gaming time has been hard to come by as of late. Back when I did have time for lots of gaming, Full Throttle and Grim Fandango were probably my favorites next to Monkey Island. And I really dug the first Gabriel Knight.

When Wallace and Gromit was announced, my first thought was that you would be clutching your stuffed Gromit and squealing with joy whilst playing through it, Dom. What has become of your Gromit?

• @hamzie said: there is only one but its in another language :(

I have only the german version.

But I found this picture:
    mi1egafac35.png

• ah sweet

do those options do anything?

• No. Why should they Guybrush is dead at this point.

• "Order Hint Book" gives you the phone number for LucasArts' hint line.

Add Comment