User Avatar Image

Which Monkey Island titles do YOU own?

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 446 users

I managed to find a copy of Curse of Monkey Island in a carpet and furniture store in Iowa. How lucky is that? :eek:

As for Escape From Monkey Island, I believe I picked it up in Wal-Mart back when it was still sold there.

And of course I pre-ordered Tales of Monkey Island. I'll go ahead add it to the poll too.

I still need to find copies of Secret of Monkey Island and Monkey Island 2: Lechuck's Revenge though. :(

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Shale said: ....wait, what?

That's how long it takes for PayPal to pull money from my bank account.

• I already started a thread like this a few days ago.
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8719

Anyway, I'll post the picture here as well, then -

mistuff.jpg

• I own (and have completed several times) all four previous titles and now I have pre-ordered Tales and I also plan buying remake of the first game.

LeChuck's Revenge is my favourite and Escape is the one which I like least. I also loved the first game. Curse is otherwise good game, but it's story suffers a bit, because it's hard to write good sequel which continues plot from the ending of LeChuck's Revenge. Whole Carnival of the Damned thing was bit idiotic IMO, but it's nothing compared to Monkey Kombat and Jambalaya Island.

I believe that no matter what Tales will be much better than Escape.

• @Armakuni said: I already started a thread like this a few days ago.

mistuff.jpg

OMG!!!!

I haven't got many of my original boxes left due to various house moves but I still have the original (if a bit squashed) boxes for SMI & MI2. Also have the White Label double pack of SMI & MI2 and the normal releases of CMI & EMI.

• @Armakuni said: I already started a thread like this a few days ago.

mistuff.jpg

Completely envious. I am amazed that you have managed to keep them in such good condition as well. That collection must be worth an utter fortune.

::sigh:: I only own Curse Of Monkey Island. Sold Escape and lost Secret and Lechuck's Revenge when I moved. :(

• @stemot said: I own:-

The Secret Of Monkey Island (CD Music version)
    Monkey Island 2
    The Curse Of Monkey Island
    Escape From Monkey Island

and have pre-ordered TOMI and will also get MI special edition.

I like monkey island :)

I got a CoMI from the US with
    The Secret Of Monkey Island (CD Music version)
    Monkey Island 2
    In the box :) It sure was a bargain even though I had to wait a few weeks for it to ship here to EU.

The CD music version of SoMI even have actuall items and not just text.

• I have all 4 MI games, still play them to this day and still they make me laugh and are the best games ever. MI 2 is my personal favourite that just had a fantastic story and in terms of visual at that time it was amazing and still is. I hope for a remake of that one too as well with the MI remake.

I've pre-ordered TOMI and will get remake (properly on 360) to add even more Monkey Madness to the collection.

• I still have the game boxes for Monkey Island 2, Curse of Monkey Island (classics white-border box version which also came with the Monkey Island Madness CD), and Escape From Monkey Island (also white-border version). The only box I don't have is Monkey Island 1. Because when my dad originally bought it he got it at a bargain price in a small computer store with only the game and the manual shrinkwrapped together :(. A shame as SMI's box has the best looking artwork.

• Yeah, that sucks. SMI has fantastic box art, in fact that's pretty much the only reason I bought it way back when :D I had no idea what the game was.

• I bought Curse, when it came out, same with Escape. Pre-ordered Tales, will buy Special Edition of Secret. Hopefully they will do Revenge too. Never had Secret or Revenge.

Add Comment