User Avatar Image

Q&A With the Team

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 13.3K users

Welcome to the secret forum! As a thank you for pre-ordering, we've created this little backstage area where you can hang out with the development team, keep an eye on the development of Tales of Monkey Island, and hopefully get your hands on things before we go wide with them to the public.

First off, though, let's start a Q&A thread!

Any questions you've got for the development team, ask 'em here!
We'll try to dogpile this thread with high quality facts and higher quality lies conversation!

1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Oh, man. I can't even tell you how excited I am about this game.

I know it's too early to tell, but if the episodes sell well could there be an MI Season 2 in the future?

• User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni

@Blondebeard2 said: Personally I would have preferred the banner and text aligned in the center, but I guess you wanted to do something different :)
    Anyway, good job!

"Tales Of" was just amazingly short and looked really odd to my eye when centered. That was the first thing I tried :)

• The banner is perfect as it is. >_>

• @Jake said:
    As of now it's all Michael Land. Jared's keeping busy full time doing the music for Wallace & Gromit episodes 3 and 4, and I think he'll be busy scoring something that rhymes with schmam and schmax schmeasson schmee, but who knows if he'll come in on the assist as we get further down the road.

Telltale, once again, I love you so much. If you guys ever need to move, I'll help you, no pizza or beer necessary.

• @Impossible3144 said:
    Of course, the other way it could be done, to give the player some indication of what the hell you were trying to do so that you could work out how to do it, is a hint system, which we know Telltale are now using. I think that having one of those as an option is a good way of opening the genre up to people who have been wary of it for years (and I know many people like that).

A fair point.

Still, TTG, could we pretty please with sugar on top have harder puzzles and then leave hints open for those who want it? :D

• I don't know if this has been asked before but are there any plans for localised versions, german in particular? And if so, will this be done before the DVD release also for the episodes, updating already released episodes as well? I don't need it personally, but it would be great if i could share the game this way with my daughter.

In a maybe behind the scenes i would be curious to see how the production of Monkey Island worked, the worflow with the different stages and also finally showing off the TTG tool.

How many people are working on Monkey Island at TTG?

If i remember an interview with Grossman correctly, he stated that you could do a serie every three months, correct me if i mixed this up but keeping this in mind and knowing that it still feels kind of annoying having to wait a whole month for a new episode, do you have any plans to shorten up the update cycles, maybe to every two or three weeks or is it more about producing more series with the already familiar update cycles or putting more work into a normal serie?

Will there be a XBLA version of Monkey Island as well or is it tied to the Wii due to some exlusive deal or is the franchise not allowed to show up on the Xbox360?

Now after you worked out the hint system will we also see an increase in the puzzle complexity to also please more of the veterans and will inventory combinations making their way also into other series? Btw i read that there will be four hint grades, are these like none, low, medium, high?

What has changed, that after so many years of trying it finally happened that LucasArts allowed it? I suspect if Monkey Island goes well, which i would say is safe to assume, there is more to come from this direction, right?

• @taumel said: What has changed so that after so many years of trying it finally happened that LucasArts allowed it? I suspect if Monkey Island goes well, which i would say is safe to assume, there is more to come from this direction, right?

I gather that there's been a change at the top. The "new guy" at Lucasarts seems to be more "classic franchise" friendly than the Star Wars obsessed bean-counters who came before him. I hope that the risk pays off for him - and for Telltale - and that both Tales of Monkey Island and the special edition of The Secret of Monkey Island will be financially successful.

Actually, I have no doubt at all that Tales of Monkey Island will be a hit for Telltale, but the remake? Who knows how successful that will be for Lucasarts. I know that I'll buy it, but will people - new gamers - who don't feel the same nostalgic fondness for the game do the same? Time will tell. Fingers crossed!

I hope, hope, hope, hope that Tales of Monkey Island will be successful enough to become a regular yearly series like Sam 'n' Max.

• @LukeSW said:
    I hope, hope, hope, hope that Tales of Monkey Island will be successful enough to become a regular yearly series like Sam 'n' Max.

Monkey Island always had more fans than Sam&Max so i think this shouldn't be a problem as long as the games will be good and nothing gets broken on the legal side. Actually i hope they'll be very good and not just good, *fingers crossing* Can't, press, any, harder.

• Here's a question for the Wii version: Will it contain something more than the PC version? I mean, will you be able to make Guybrush use his sword on stuff, or duel, or climb on things etc?
    What's the difference between the PC and Wii versions?
    (okay, that's three questions, sorry:p)

• Just wondered, would the DVD at the end of the season feature a "treasure" load of special features with the game.

Add Comment