User Avatar Image

I'm from the UK is all hope lost?

posted by fwed1 on - last edited - Viewed by 265 users

As a die-hard MI fan with a copy of SoMI on 8 very large floppy discs sitting right next to me in a drawer so that I can rememebr the days that those large floppy discs could work in my machine I was absolutly delighted to learn about MI5 in development!

The episodic releases intrigued me and raised a few questions namely
1. Will this work on UK pcs?
2. Will I be reminded in an email to download the next chapter if some how i forget?

and finally most important:

3. Even though I am in the UK is it still possible to pre-order with my silly british money? I really really want a hard copy to look at and smile and pass down the generations, will you be able to ship me one? If so what is the charge or will there be a UK distributer set up?

Thank you in advance especially for creating a game that has been playing with my mind since I completed MI4 all those years ago!

Fwed1
(I'm a mighty pirate!)

18 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @fwed1 said: I would like a precise cost as I would need to transfer the correct amount to my paypal or debit card.

I don't need to transfer anything to my PayPal account anymore. I can pay with it like a credit card. It will automatically deduct the needed amount from my bank account :) And yes it makes it easy for impulse purchases :p

• Yes you will be reminded by telltales im sure

but seriously how can you forget?

I know once i finish ep 1 ill keep coming back to this site and will be kept on reminded

• If you do buy the full season (preorder or not) then you'll get an email on the day of release with a link to download each episode.

• @fwed1 said:
    and finally most important:

3. Even though I am in the UK is it still possible to pre-order with my silly british money?

You cant be serious can you....

• @fwed1 said: 1. Will this work on UK pcs?

As someone else already mentioned, computers are not region encoded like DVD players. Any reasonably new PC with Windows XP or Vista should be able to play it. That said, you should still look at the system requirement on the preorder page to make sure your computer can handle the game from a technical standpoint.

• I'm from the UK too and order everything on here with ease. There is no obligation to buy the DVD at the end, but it'll work fine with your PC is you choose to get it. Unlike movies and console games they are not region-locked so you can order PC games from anywhere.

And the DVD will be free, so you might as well get it!

• I'm loving buying things with my awesome Sterling from America at the moment, good exchange rates FTW shame it's not at the 2:1 ratio it was last summer with the Euro at 1.50.

• @serweet said: I'm loving buying things with my awesome Sterling from America at the moment, good exchange rates FTW shame it's not at the 2:1 ratio it was last summer with the Euro at 1.50.

Yeah and now it's getting close to 1:1.10 in Sterling vs Euro :) (1.13739 to be exact, at this current moment)

• @Wicked Mouse said: Yeah and now it's getting close to 1:1.10 in Sterling vs Euro :) (1.13739 to be exact, at this current moment)

It was down at 1.06 at it's lowest. The Pound is storming back up, and will hopefully be much greater by the time I come to Berlin in 3weeks.

• @Shiversul said: You cant be serious can you....

I stumbled oer MI5 at 4am as I was about to go to bed as I was very tired and very excited. At the time thought it was funny.

Add Comment