User Avatar Image

Questions for Dominic Armato!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 7.7K users

If you see a guy with the username "dmnkly" skulking around, it's probably Dominic Armato, (better known as) the voice of Guybrush Threepwood!

If you've got any questions for Dom or just want to say hello, drop 'em here!

Dom answers! Let's take a look...

[LIST]
[*]First round of answers! June 1st
[*]Second round of answers! June 2nd
[*]Third round of answers! June 2nd -- again!
[*]Fourth round of answers! June 3rd
[*]Fifth round of answers! June 4th
[*]Sixth round of answers! June 4th -- again!
[*]Seventh round of answers! June 5th
[/LIST]

I don't know when this will end, but that's a lot of answered questions so far! Check those to see if your question has already been answered!

690 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Umm, no it's not. The MI3-Blood Island joke was actually a refference to Guybrush's death in MI1. Besides, as I recall, in the MI3 in-joke you don't have guybrush's old inventory shown at the bottom of the screen. :)

• Other then the main and minor characters was there one particular character in all 4 games that you think was hilarious and should have made more appreances in the series?

• It would be spooky to see the guy from CMI return, that took Guybrush to Bunny-Island (SKull Island) by boat. Remember? What was his name? Was that Bobbin?

• @Silverwolfpet said: It would be spooky to see the guy from CMI return, that took Guybrush to Bunny-Island (SKull Island) by boat. Remember? What was his name? Was that Bobbin?

It was the "Flying Welshman"... obviously they were out of Dutch ;)

• Aha, I see. It would also be funny to see a member of the Goodsoup family again! And more cemetery-action!
    (that sounded... weird)
    In CMI the cemetery puzzles were the best! I actually was pretty freaked out by those sequences. I refused to play that part at night. :p I was around 12yo.

• Just thought of another question to ask... Got any good recipes for some good viccysoise?

• Dom,

This may sound a little weird... I just told my mom that we are all talking with you here, and she asked me to tell you this:

"Please tell Mr. Armato that many years ago my son wanted a Guybrush Threepwood action figure. Knowing the fact that such a thing doesn't exist, I actually created one out of hardening clay. Besides that, he <> me all these years with Monkey Island and how he wants to become a pirate... I just want you to acknowledge that. That's all."

Of course, she means that in a joking manner. Maybe you could offer her a small reply. That would kind of make it up for all those Buy-Me-A-Pirate-Hat-Please-Mom-Please years. :-) :o

• Dom - Really enjoyed reading through all your answers, LucasArts made a very sound casting decision when adding weight to your love for the series.

I play a lot of adventure games, and often I despair at the way lines are read: Stressing the wrong word, mispronouncing character names, etc. Probably this happens most in either low-budget or translated games, and I always curse some sort of mythical director. Is this really the problem? Is it a bad script, bad direction, lack of re-takes, an unquestioning actor, or something else? LucasArts and Telltale stand out for me as studios that rarely slip up in this regard, so hopefully you have some insight!

• Dominic, do you own a pair of these shoes? And if not, why not? :p

monkey-island-shoes.jpg

Also I'm still waiting for a reply for that "did your wife marry you because you're the voice of Guybrush?" (unless you weren't really planning to ask your wife)

• Has anyone ever recognized you as the voice of Guybrush in a random, everyday setting (ex grocery store, walking down the street...)?

*insert OMGYAY about new Monkey Island game coming out*

Add Comment