Menu
User Avatar Image

How did you discover MI?

posted by Shiversul on - last edited - Viewed by 219 users

Im only 15, and i discovered it completely by chance

I had purchased Croc for pc when i was a kid, probs around 7-8, and in the case was a piece of paper saying if i sent it in a could get a free game, and it had a heap of games listed including Curse. I just randomly picked Curse, so after a while it came in the mail, i played it and loved it

Then i bought the massive collectors box and played em all

How did you guys get into em?

17 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I am not certain but I think I was about your age , maybe even 17 I can't remember . I discovered it through DOTT and Sam and Max . I can't remember exactly how I got it, maybe for my birthday . I got 1 and 2 on the same CD . Love them both but Curse equally and the 4th nearly . I'm a big fan. I am 21 now.

• I was about 9 or 10 and we got a new computer (we had a commodore 64...it was the 80's!) and we got 2 games, and one was Secret of Monkey Island. My brother, dad and I spent months playing it...

• Well I was fascinated by the artwork on this box one day and bought it:

http://www.thelegacy.de/pics/cover/m/M_36843_1125856595_monkey_island_collection_1.jpg

Since that day I love adventure games.

PS: Is there anybody else in this forum who buys things because of beautiful artwork. You can really discover the greatest things you didn't even know they existed if you do. Or you can buy complete crap.

• I remember the original Monkey Island being the first game I ever bought for PC! That being nearly 20 years ago when I was about 11/12... It took me over a year to finish it, as I got stuck twice, (use mug o' grog with mug, and key in cereal box) and had to get my cousin to tell me what I'd missed....

Later, I memorised the Woodchuck conversation from MI2, and annoyed many people by quoting it - lots!

MI3, the early internet era, and waiting 4 hours for a 50Mb download of the demo... then bugging the guy in the games shop until he got it in!

MI4... the heart-breaker. I never actually finished the game - I just couldn't get the hang of the controls :( (I think it may be time to try again!)

• @Kezmoo said: MI4... the heart-breaker. I never actually finished the game - I just couldn't get the hang of the controls :( (I think it may be time to try again!)

It maybe is. Every fan should at least finish it once and then lock it in a place where it will no longer spread it's evil powers

• @Shiversul said: How did you discover MI?

Well I was sailing with my friends one day and I decided to make some soup, then we all fell asleep. When we woke up we were at Monkey Island™.

• http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8841

...meh, so many duplicate threads.. And this one was one the front page! >:|
    ahwell

• @der_ketzer said: It maybe is. Every fan should at least finish it once and then lock it in a place where it will no longer spread it's evil powers

...well,i liked it... :mad:

• my older brother bought it and loom. I was like 5 when I first saw monkey island and loom. After mario monkey island is my second most favorite video game series.

So ever since then, I been addicted to MI.

• Well, it all started back in 1956 when the British had rescued the French from that awful castle ...

And in those days we used to call money: bees, and you'd say how much money you'd had by saying how many bees you had...

okay, so I resuscitated an old Simpsons joke in order to make this post sound funny. But in all seriousness, MI and I met on a lonely night on the side of the dock. I'd been about to drown myself after dying in the first 3 minutes of Space Quest V about a billion times. I'd say that was the greatest day of my life. That and, I'd never have to approach that damn robot in Space Quest V again.

Add Comment