User Avatar Image

The inventory

posted by Edward VanHelgen on - last edited - Viewed by 257 users

In this video http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6211409/, at 8:42, we can see the inventory, that you bring on the right. What do you make of it?

inventoryp.jpg

Generally, I think i prefer always-visible inventory, like it was in Monkey 1 and 2. Monkey 3 had a seperate inventory view as a chest, wich wasn't bad and had you dragging the items. As for the 4th, its probably most confusing of all as for the inventory goes with rotation of items, part of it because of the keyboard contols.

I also love some more details and extra options in it.

As for Tales, i like the design because of nice choice of colors and pirate motives for the look of it. Its not distracting also, but we can probably say more after we take on controls and interface.

21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The only concern I have is that there doesn't seem to be any scrolling for inventory items - does this mean we will never have more than can be visible in that area? i hope not!

    Or maybe next/back arrows will only visible once that area is full, a'la MI1 and MI2.

  • @Toothless Gibbon said: Or maybe next/back arrows will only visible once that area is full, a'la MI1 and MI2.

    i guess this would be the case

  • Also, what are the two empy circular areas? Presumably this how we combine items? Would seem easier to just click on one then the other as usual.

  • yes, i guess for combining the items. maybe they don't want to players to randomly ran over all items while holding one, but sometimes its an effective way to get over with the game if you are stuck.

    "places for items" reminds me of a Return to Mysterious Island, they were sometimes a little tedious, but it can be fun if the puzzles themselves are inspiring.

  • I like the inventory -- I think it's stylin'

    About scrolling -- if you look close, the graphic is actually a paper scroll. In the area with the inventory items, there is some kind of watermark that we can't fully see - a skull and crossbones maybe? This leads me to believe that as you get more items, the scroll opens wider to give you more space.

  • @Arodin said: I like the inventory -- I think it's stylin'

    About scrolling -- if you look close, the graphic is actually a paper scroll. In the area with the inventory items, there is some kind of watermark that we can't fully see - a skull and crossbones maybe? This leads me to believe that as you get more items, the scroll opens wider to give you more space.

    Good shout.

  • I dont have any problems with the inventory... Im glad TTG finally have combinable inventory items

  • Looks good, better than the Sam and Max inventory if you ask me.
    And as item combining is back, it should be sweet.

  • Watch the video intentively . Watch when he clicks on the wooden plank and Guybrush tries to walk on it. Aside from that the mouse is used to select dialoge , but it appears that controls are sometimes used to move the character about. All this may suggest that the control system is both the mouse and the keyboard

  • @doodo! said: Watch the video intentively . Watch when he clicks on the wooden plank and Guybrush tries to walk on it. Aside from that the mouse is used to select dialoge , but it appears that controls are sometimes used to move the character about. All this may suggest that the control system is both the mouse and the keyboard

    The demo uses the W&G-controls.

Add Comment