User Avatar Image

Questions for Dominic Armato!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 6.4K users

If you see a guy with the username "dmnkly" skulking around, it's probably Dominic Armato, (better known as) the voice of Guybrush Threepwood!

If you've got any questions for Dom or just want to say hello, drop 'em here!

Dom answers! Let's take a look...

[LIST]
[*]First round of answers! June 1st
[*]Second round of answers! June 2nd
[*]Third round of answers! June 2nd -- again!
[*]Fourth round of answers! June 3rd
[*]Fifth round of answers! June 4th
[*]Sixth round of answers! June 4th -- again!
[*]Seventh round of answers! June 5th
[/LIST]

I don't know when this will end, but that's a lot of answered questions so far! Check those to see if your question has already been answered!

690 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I've read all the replies, so here's hoping I didn't forget a question. I've come up with a few!

1. You were a fan of Guybrush before you got the role. When was it that it kind of settled in that you were the official voice of Guybrush? Right away? A few minutes after you got the role? As you were acting, while you played the finished game for the first time, or some other time that I'm not even thinking of?

2. What are the differences between working on a Monkey Island game for the first time, working on the Special Edition, and working with Telltale? Does Telltale's schedule, as an episodic game company, differ for you as opposed to LucasArts for Curse or Special Edition?

3. I love the way you say "LeChuck" in the "dog-whispering" part of the making-of video for the Special Edition. What was voicing that scene like? With what has to be intelligible amongst animal sounds.

4. How's your day been?

• I have some questions:
    [LIST=1]
    [*]I’m guessing the Monkey Island games are the greatest thing you have ever voiced for, what would be the second greatest?
    [*]Does your family still ask you to get a “real” job?
    [*]If you could have one of Guybrush’s traits \ qualities, what would it be?
    [*]How many Monkey Island games do you think you will get to do before you ?
    [*]Do you do much "physical acting"?... you know, the type where you have to *shudders* move...
    [*]Do you think that having to wait way too long for MI5 could actually be a good thing?
    [*]What’s your favourite internet meme?
    [*]REALY?
    [/LIST]

And lastly… I’ve seen to many great people take what they do for granted. Just once in a while, look yourself in the mirror, and say to yourself “WOW, I am Dominic Armato, and that is amazing!”

-The Batfrog
    :D:D:D:D:D

• I have another question... (sorry if already been asked)

Do the animators on Tales (and other productions) video you as you record the VO and use your facial expressions / mannerisms / body language to help animating the characters?

• You have a one-way use of a time machine. Would you rather go to 1990 or 1997?

It’s 2039. What made you prouder –
    1. You VOed every MI title to date – and there were at least 30
    2. You're the first man on Mars

• Off-Topic: For Shwoo and Corruptbiggins, thank you, I will look into it. As far as I have seen (screenshots), looks a lot like my vague memories of it. Cheers! uh, I mean...Free Grog!

• @The Batfrog said: Do you think that having to wait way too long for MI5 could actually be a good thing?

We're still waiting for MI5, don't forget. AFAIR Dave Grossman said that ToMI is not really an official-sequel, it's a story within the MI-scenery and the characters.

• @AndyBundy said: We're still waiting for MI5, don't forget. AFAIR Dave Grossman said that ToMI is not really an official-sequel, it's a story within the MI-scenery and the characters.

It was also said that ToMI not being MI5 was a gag that people took far too seriously.

• @Xocrates said: It was also said that ToMI not being MI5 was a gag that people took far too seriously.

But I woudln't mind if it's not MI5. We're still missing an official MI3... so confusing.^^

• Ok, so, in your opinion, who would win in a fight: a pirate or a ninja? Wait... DOH!

• A pirate! Of course! He has the invisibility cloak of...no, wait. Zorro would win! Totally.

Add Comment