User Avatar Image

Pre-order "bonuses"

posted by Hakobus on - last edited - Viewed by 913 users

Soo... how about offering something of value to the loyal customers who've already bought pretty much every single episode of pretty much all of your games?

"Free Telltale Games episode of your choice!" Wow, thanks, but I've already got two extra episodes of Sam & Max. Don't really need any more.

"Collector's DVD slipcase" Yeeeeah, doesn't really do it for me either.

"Access to exclusive Monkey Island section of TT site" Really doesn't do it for me.

I mean, a lot of people have been loyal customers for quite a while now. How about giving like, a discount or dropping the postage on the DVD or something? I do understand you have a business to run, but still, offering free episodes of games I already own doesn't really entice me into pre-ordering anything.

111 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @[TTG said: Yare;134112']This is an excellent idea, I'll get right on it! All you have to do is

...not buy it?

:D

• @[TTG said: Yare;134112']This is an excellent idea, I'll get right on it! All you have to do is

Ah c'mon! don't let us wait any longer for the anticipated answer! :D

• @Todesreiter said: a three-headed monkey for all ;-)

dreikopfaffe.jpg

Where.

Did.

You.

Get.

That?

I want one.

• @Pirateguybrush said: Where.

Did.

You.

Get.

That?

I want one.

It`s self made... ;-)

Three little Monkey`s from eBay,
    but two one have lost their lives,
    or better, their bodies *ggg

• If Telltale would offer that monkey as a pre-order bonus, I would order immediately! :cool:

• @Nightsurfer said: If Telltale would offer that monkey as a pre-order bonus, I would order immediately! :cool:

They don`t ask me about Series-Production ;-)

• @Nightsurfer said: If Telltale would offer that monkey as a pre-order bonus, I would order immediately! :cool:

If they or LucasArts would sell something like that in their store, I'd buy one in an instant.

You should post that photo in the Fan Art thread.

• Well I'll be keeping my free code for the first episode of whatever series comes after Tales of Monkey Island. Unless a friend is nice enough to me to earn said code :)
    @Todesreiter said: It`s self made... ;-)

Do you have a picture of the two discarded monkey torsos?

• Hi,

I didn't really care for the extra bonus as MI itself was the best bonus for me anyway.

What left me a bit wondering in terms of special humor is that there was no bonus in form of a T-Shirt saying "I took the special pre-order deal for Tales of Monkey Islandartwork> and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt" (alternatively put in the sentence from MI1 when Threepguy Woodbrush[1] finds the treasure [or was that when finding Big Whoop?{I will replay 1+2 in the next couple day but my language of choice is German. But maybe I should try it in English for the full expierince on second run?}])(hope all brackets are closed now).

Anyway, bringing out the game is fairly enough in my point of view costing same price with or without the bonus. Just think about what you normally get for pre-ordering... solely the game and most often not even sooner than when buying at stores.

Last thought:
    Hoping for some original TTG MI hatwear so I can sit them anywhere near the S&M ware to lighten up my heartware because they are a soft wear.

He who loves Telltale for S&M, MI and soon for W&G and SBCGFAP:
    Michael

[1] spelling is intentionally, maybe check your humor-accelerator; or maybe it wasn't funny at all ;-)

• @Todesreiter said: It`s self made... ;-)

So basically like in MI1 with the navigtor head where they took the head and got rid of the navigator[1].

Amazing what an 19 year old game can teach you for live.

[1] I just hope I got it right...

Add Comment