User Avatar Image

Stuff I have laying around

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 5.1K users

I made this wallpaper for my work PC yesterday. If anyone wants it, it's yours!

437 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @AndyBundy said: Gimme the english translation. :P

Ohh man we're talking too much off-topic, you noticed that? I hope TTG won't start deleting our postings... ohh ooh... i think they lrd strtd dltng sm lttrs,

Okay, then I promise i'll stop off-topicing :p

lol
    lol

Ich liebe Niederländen als gut!
    I love Netherlands as well!

Es hat schöne ganja. :cool:
    It has some nice ganja (weed) :cool:

• @NickClick2 said: And what's up with the purple SBCG4AP cover and clear case?

That's something Videlectrix sent over, but it was rejected.

@NickClick2 said: I'd be happy with a plain button with nothing but the phrase "Ask me about Monkey Island" on it. Don't know if that'd be any cheaper to produce or not, but still.

6a00bf76d0a9b7438300f30f5afb2c0001-320pi

I'd love to do one like this for something. I mean, I really just want a straight up "Ask Me About Loom" button.

I always pictured this as being a sort of embossed cheesy plastic button. Does anyone know the kind I'm talking about? They're usually rough white plastic, sort of gratuitously embossed (with sharp edges!) and the color parts are lightly mirrored or sparkly? They're the cheesiest type of pins ever.

embossed_example.gif

Like that, except white plastic instead of metal.

• @Jake said: That's something Videlectrix sent over, but it was rejected.

Aw, I like it. Or rather, what little I can see of it.

I noticed the Videlectrix logo on the bottom by itself, much like the Telltale logo is by itself on the box art in the store. Kind of had me thinking this was one of those covers you could flip inside-out to get another cover, in this case the "Videlectrix cover".

(and with a clear case, you'd see through to the "other" cover every time you opened it)

EDIT:

Oh! I know where I've seen that before!

The art has been featured on the Videlectrix homepage for awhile. I remember seeing it and thinking that the Videlectrix art was much better.

• User Avatar Image
    seanvanaman Telltale Staff

@Rather Dashing said: Aw, I like it. Or rather, what little I can see of it...
    The art has been featured on the Videlectrix homepage for awhile. I remember seeing it and thinking that the Videlectrix art was much better.

That should really make Gary Lu's and Jake Rodkin's day.

It's not like they toiled away on the actual SBCGFAP cover for hours or anything...

With that said, back to Monkeys!

• @Gryffalio said: Ich liebe Niederländen als gut!
    I love Netherlands as well!

Ich liebe die Niederlande auch!
    If you want to say "as much" or "as good", then you use "so gut" or "so viel". If you want to say "I love it too/as well" then you use "auch".
    Dutch = Niederländisch

And I'm Dutch, not German, btw.

• @Rather Dashing said: The art has been featured on the Videlectrix homepage for awhile. I remember seeing it and thinking that the Videlectrix art was much better.

If there's one thing I don't like, it's the Videlectrix guys acting like they own the place. Do they think they made the game? Sorry if you prefer their art, but that's just how it is.

• @seanvanaman said: That should really make Gary Lu's and Jake Rodkin's day.

It's not like they toiled away on the actual SBCGFAP cover for hours or anything...

It's not like the actual cover is horrible garbage by any means. The Videlectrix-style cover, with its style and focus, is based more on the Videlectrix humor I loved so much with Peasant's Quest. I never meant to insult the work of Gary or Jake, far from it. But the nature of graphic design is that it's completely subjective, and especially when you're dealing with VASTLY different approaches you can just have a preference based on the approach alone.

I'm never going to say "The art sucks, the Telltale graphics design guys don't deserve to live fufilling and happy lives." I just like the other more(mostly) because I'm incredibly disproportionately fond of the Videlectrix aspects of the Homestar humor.

By the way, that was refreshingly frank. I can respect that. Even if you hate my guts.

@seanvanaman said: If there's one thing I don't like, it's the Videlectrix guys acting like they own the place. Do they think they made the game? Sorry if you prefer their art, but that's just how it is.

Well, your company seemed quite happy with a Videlectrix partnership in the press release. ;)

I was more just wondering if there were a larger/more high-quality version of the art sitting around that could be retrofitted into a wallpaper than saying "this art sucks".

With that said, back to Monkeys!

I can agree to that.

I like the buttons! The "Ask me about.." is easily the best taken out of the E3 context, but they're all nice, and they worked really well as ads in the game launchers.

• @Wicked Mouse said: Ich liebe die Niederlande auch!
    If you want to say "as much" or "as good", then you use "so gut" or "so viel". If you want to say "I love it too/as well" then you use "auch".
    Dutch = Niederländisch

And I'm Dutch, not German, btw.

My edit said my German was rusty ;)

• Ooookay, let's get back on topic, shall we gentlemen? :D

Is it possible we'll see any merchandise regarding the MI Series in the near future? (pens, hats, bags, Murray with a candle on it's head etc.)

• @Silverwolfpet said: Tee-Hee :p Ich Liebe Dutch. (is that correct?) :p

Dank je, ik hou ook van jou!

The English translation: Thanx, I love you too!
    The German translation: Danke, Ich liebe dich auch!

:P

Ontopic: I really like those badges :D and I would like to see a Guybrush Bobblehead figure at my desk XD

Add Comment