User Avatar Image

Private Pirate Monkey Brainstorming...

posted by ttg_Stemmle on - last edited - Viewed by 5.5K users

Hey guys 'n' gals,

In the spirit of "tapping the hive mind," I've got a few enigmatic questions for y'all:

-- What sort of book titles do you think could be found on the Voodoo Lady's bookshelf? Y'know, things like "The Joy of Hex," or "Screams of My Father."

-- For reasons that defy explanation, we're trying to enumerate dozens of unique kinds of winds, things like "The Wind the Blows Off Your Hat," or "The Wind that Sounds Remarkably Like an Unhappy Echidna." Can you think of any others?

-- Lastly, what's your pirate name?

Not promising anything,
Mike "Sleepy Boy" Stemmle

498 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Books: Jam and Trax's Treason Spree
    Jam and Trax's Decent Shoes

Not my idea, inside joke from QaA with development team.

• @Silverwolfpet said: They're all good, but these are great! I really like them!

Cool. :D Thanks.

• Man, my wind idea is taken (Wind of the Dog that Bit Ya)

My Pirate name is Cap'n Stevebeard.

• Alot of these wind suggestions make me want to cry, but not with laughter. Sorry but there is some awful awful suggestions in here. I guess that's what brain storming is; regurgitated thought spatter.

• Here are some book titles... Cheers, for the people who've read everything from the 2nd page and on.
    [LIST]
    [*]Dead-tiquette, Social interactions in the Undead Realm
    [*]The Pragmatic Plumber from the Collection 'When Voodoo just doesn't do the trick'
    [*]Lil' Samedi's Day at his Gran'gran'gran Granny from the Kid book Collection Baron Samedi (ala Martine)
    [*]Cassandra's Syndrome - A case for not getting into the oracle business
    [*]"If you can't beat 'em ..." a guide to die and be safely undead-ized.
    [*]Voodoo Lady - The mission statement of your Franchised Store!
    [*]Core & Casual Customers - How to reach new target while pleasing the pony-tailed ones.
    [*]Mushroom Hunting, it doesn't have to be Russian Roulette.
    [*]Voodoo is a Humanism
    [*]Voodoo is a sort of Humanism aka Voodoo is a Humanism 2nd Edition.
    [*]Voodoo is is a martial art aka Voodoo is a Humanism 3rd Edition.
    [*]Huge Armchairs - Boosting your confidence has never been this easy!
    [*]Playing Dead by Von Stinaslavski
    [*]Kicking the Bucket - 74 Techniques to finally do it properly Edited by Nils 'IronPeg' Haamstradt - 7 times champion of Caribbean Brawl of Wood Bucket Kickin' League
    [*]The Cajun Accent - If you ain't born with it, buy this NOW!
    [/LIST]

And some winds

[LIST]
    [*]The wind that blew all the others
    [*]The wind so thick, it might actually be a fog
    [*]The wind that un-horns cows, bulls and you-know-who
    [*]The wind of Oz, more impressive than it really is
    [*]The wind of Oz (bis), slow and erratic which suddenly disappear to reveal a stellar blue sky (I wonder if anyone will get this)
    [*]The wind which knew no frontier
    [*]The winds that runs through one's pair of trousers, up one's sleeves and down one's neck...leaving one no intimacy whatsoever.
    [*]The indoors wind, summoned only by the most upset of the Elders.
    [*]The wind of rain's drop, carrying coolness and relief from an heavy warmth.
    [*]The wind with perfect timing, revealing undergarments previously selfishly kept hidden
    [*]The wind of gossip, carrying a distorted version of unholy rumors, making them so much more delightful in the process.
    [/LIST]

• My apologies for a such an unecessarily blunt previous reply, some book title suggestions have been excellent and capture the essence of monkey island books perfectly.

I can visualise and hear Guybrush wandering around the voodoo lady's hovel reading with a selection of labelled gas jars all containing various winds.
    She should keep the winds in sturdy bags like Aeolus' captured winds; most of the winds that people have suggested would easily escape a jar, but not an a mythological voodoo sack.

• @MrsBBC said: Alot of these wind suggestions make me want to cry, but not with laughter. Sorry but there is some awful awful suggestions in here. I guess that's what brain storming is; regurgitated thought spatter.

Yes. A lot of people have no business doing this kind of thing but apparently think they do (read the insult swordfighting thread if you really want to cry), but that's alright. Unfortunately it makes reading through and finding the gems a hassle.

• RE: winds, all I keep thinking of is some variation of "The Wind Cried Mary" by Jimi Hendrix

• "50 ways to decorate your doll"
    "find your voice, a self help book for the infected"
    "enslaving humanity, bu murry the demonic talking skull"
    "the definitive guide to rock catapults"
    "101 things you can grow with grog"
    "become a pirate in 3 easy steps"
    "love tales from the crypt"
    "monkey island idol, a search for truth, by lemonhead"

• Pirate Name: Cap'n Calico Jack Snotsnit

Add Comment