User Avatar Image

Stuff I have laying around

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 5.1K users

I made this wallpaper for my work PC yesterday. If anyone wants it, it's yours!

437 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I know the kind of badges you mean. I can just picture the Western world being interspersed with random people wearing cheesy "ask me about LOOM" or "ask me about MONKEY ISLAND" badges. :D

• @Jake said: If there's one thing I don't like, it's the Videlectrix guys acting like they own the place. Do they think they made the game? Sorry if you prefer their art, but that's just how it is.

Well on the flip side, where would SBCG4AP be without Videletrix?
    1) A lot of the music came from THEIR games
    2) We all know the real reason people shell out $10 per game on the Wii was just so that they could play the new Videletrix games with their Wii motes.
    3)Their mustaches own yours. (sorry, but its true)
    4) Their (totally understandable) conflicts with you upped publicity of the game.
    5) Their voice acting for Episode 5 was hilarious
    6) Come to think of it, almost ALL of Episode 5 came from their games, including the Trogdor arcade unit
    6) Do I even need to say it? I think I do. GOOD GRAPHIX!!!

They should hire me to be their lawyer.

(Yes, I do realize your joking, I just want to continue the joke. It's a good one).

• @Jake said: That's something Videlectrix sent over, but it was rejected.

6a00bf76d0a9b7438300f30f5afb2c0001-320pi

I'd love to do one like this for something. I mean, I really just want a straight up "Ask Me About Loom" button.

I always pictured this as being a sort of embossed cheesy plastic button. Does anyone know the kind I'm talking about? They're usually rough white plastic, sort of gratuitously embossed (with sharp edges!) and the color parts are lightly mirrored or sparkly? They're the cheesiest type of pins ever.

embossed_example.gif

Like that, except white plastic instead of metal.

Couldn't we just make you a pinata instead? (Not that I was in any way involved with those amazing fans.) If someone did make you a pin, you wouldn't rat on them to LA, would you? Where do your loyalties really lie, Rodkin?

• @Silverwolfpet said: Oh, it's simple... Mice teeth rhymes with "Nice teeth" in english. And everybody likes nice teeth, so it's a compliment about her hygene. A girl that has an impecable hygene is more attractive than a girl who hasn't. Thus, Guybrush is telling Elaine, in german, that she is attractive! See? Simple.

Yeah, okay. Maybe you should go lie down for a little bit, honey. When the buzzing in your ear stops you can come back.

@Silverwolfpet said: German rocks. Think of Kindergarten (which is being replaced by Kindertagesstätte = nursery school), the evil Poltergeist and we also use several old fashioned idioms, which origins are mostly unknown and can't be translated word by word.

And without us, there would be no ä ö or ü like in BRÜTAL LEGEND... but dmnit it's not going to be released for PC and I don't have the other consoles.

Don't get me wrong, I love Germany, I just don't get you. And I'm of German descent, so you'd think I would. (Though generally, the German in me is dormant, only arising at Christmas when I'm overcome with a strange craving for pfeffernusse ...)

• @Lena_P said: Yeah, okay. Maybe you should go lie down for a little bit, honey. When the buzzing in your ear stops you can come back.

There is no buzzing in my ear! Only little chineese people who are talking to me, and making me do stuff. Watches, PS2 consoles and cheap shoes.

What?

• @Silverwolfpet said: There is no buzzing in my ear! Only little Chinese people who are talking to me, and making me do stuff. Watches, PS2 consoles and cheap shoes.

What?

I really hope you meant "make" and not "do" because I just don't see how that could even work with a watch ... (I guess you could tie it tight ... changing my brain channel now! Ugh, ugh!)

• @Lena_P said: I really hope you meant "make" and not "do" because I just don't see how that could even work with a watch ... (I guess you could tie it tight ... changing my brain channel now! Ugh, ugh!)

: ) ) ) Yeah, sorry...bad translation. I meant "make"
    *blushes*
    I held the dictionary upside down.:o

• @Silverwolfpet said: I held the dictionary upside down.:o

Nah, that would've been "ǝʞɐɯ". :p

• @Laserschwert said: Nah, that would've been "ǝʞɐɯ". :p

Darn, you figured it out! Well, now I have no defense. I'm a terrible english speaker. :p

Add Comment