User Avatar Image

Private Pirate Monkey Brainstorming...

posted by ttg_Stemmle on - last edited - Viewed by 6.2K users

Hey guys 'n' gals,

In the spirit of "tapping the hive mind," I've got a few enigmatic questions for y'all:

-- What sort of book titles do you think could be found on the Voodoo Lady's bookshelf? Y'know, things like "The Joy of Hex," or "Screams of My Father."

-- For reasons that defy explanation, we're trying to enumerate dozens of unique kinds of winds, things like "The Wind the Blows Off Your Hat," or "The Wind that Sounds Remarkably Like an Unhappy Echidna." Can you think of any others?

-- Lastly, what's your pirate name?

Not promising anything,
Mike "Sleepy Boy" Stemmle

498 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Zomantic said: :D I hope this one gets into the game; I fear that the developers stopped reviewing this huge list early on: it really would be a pity, because its last pages contain some of the best ones.

Something tells me we won't know whose ideas got into the game until we play it and see our pirate names in the credits, or something. Which is REALLY suspenseful.

• @Secret Fawful said: Something tells me we won't know whose ideas got into the game until we play it and see our pirate names in the credits, or something. Which is REALLY suspenseful.

Yep! I saw some ideas that were truly funny!
    Besides, why else would they ask us for only ONE pirate name...and OUR pirate name, not to invent a funny one. :)
    I actually can't wait. Due to the fact that they are working on episode two, and scripting episode three, I think that we might see something in episode three.
    From my part, even if they use only one book name and only one wind name out of all, it is great! Because I feel that I actually participated into giving ideas, brainstorming for a Monkey Island game. It's...the greatest thing...ever!
    I hope they'll have another brainstorming soon! :D

• @Silverwolfpet said: From my part, even if they use only one book name and only one wind name out of all, it is great! Because I feel that I actually participated into giving ideas, brainstorming for a Monkey Island game. It's...the greatest thing...ever!

That's so true. First thing when I get to the Voodoo Lady: pixel hunting around the book shelves.^^

• Woo-hoo! Pixel hunting!
    Guys...we are actually participating in the creation process of this game! Can you imagine this? We can all brag to our grandchildren:

"Well, Billy--"
    "It's TOM, Grandpa."
    "Tom, yes...Well, Tommy, when I was your age I actually had the oportunity of helping the TTG team in their production of ToMI!"
    "Really, Grandpa? Where's your name on the credits?"
    "Errr, my pirate name was P. Silverwolf, and I gave them ideas about book titles and wind names!"
    "A-ha...and did any of those ideas make it into the actual game?"
    "Hee-hee-hee *dentures fall out of his mouth* Oh, darn... well, umm...no. But I WAS there, Billy! I WAS there!"

:p Sorry, it's late, maybe I should get some rest.

• @Silverwolfpet said: From my part, even if they use only one book name and only one wind name out of all, it is great! Because I feel that I actually participated into giving ideas, brainstorming for a Monkey Island game. It's...the greatest thing...ever!

I know it! This game has been an absolute blast! It feels like we were in a room filled with Telltale employees of all types, brainstorming jokes all week. I loved it. (That pre-order deal has been thirty-five bucks of pure fun.) :D :D

"Well, Billy--"
    "It's TOM, Grandpa."
    "Tom, yes...Well, Tommy, when I was your age I actually had the oportunity of helping the TTG team in their production of ToMI!"
    "Really, Grandpa? Where's your name on the credits?"
    "Errr, my pirate name was P. Silverwolf, and I gave them ideas about book titles and wind names!"
    "A-ha...and did any of those ideas make it into the actual game?"
    "Hee-hee-hee *dentures fall out of his mouth* Oh, darn... well, umm...no. But I WAS there, Billy! I WAS there!"

:D Hahaha.

• Hi all,
    some books:

'How to Pin Friends and Influence People'

'A Farewell to Charms'

'I'm O.K., You're a Zombie'

...I think I'll be spending my whole day coming up with more.

Cap'n Trim

• This Is an 8 Car Wind for Richmond Now Approaching
    The Wind Surrounding a Much Talked About Candle

And Not wind related but:
    How to Avoid Huge Ships

The best part is that this is a real book:
    http://www.amazon.com/Avoid-Huge-Ships-John-Trimmer/dp/0870334336

My pirate name:
    C Bartholomew Tubemap
    Sailing in the good ship Terminal 4.

• "Wherever you go, on sea or on land, how to stick a pin in largo lagrande" - By Guybrush Threepwood"

Eh, and I'd have to go with Captain Darkstorm. Can't let down the boss.

darkstorm.jpg

• User Avatar Image
    Sean A Telltale Staff

@ttg_Stemmle said: -- What sort of book titles do you think could be found on the Voodoo Lady's bookshelf? Y'know, things like "The Joy of Hex," or "Screams of My Father."

"Rubber-chicken-with-a-pulley-in-the-middle Soup for the Soul"
    "How To Remove A Blindness Curse" (It's in Braille)
    "Hex Me Once, Shame On You; Hex Me Twice, I'm Screwed"
    "For Newt Eyes Only"
    "Tetrodotoxin: More Than Just a Paralytic Agent (Excellent in Salads)"
    "Deja Voodoo: The Resurgence Of Chicken-Blood In The Sacrifice"

@ttg_Stemmle said: -- For reasons that defy explanation, we're trying to enumerate dozens of unique kinds of winds, things like "The Wind the Blows Off Your Hat," or "The Wind that Sounds Remarkably Like an Unhappy Echidna." Can you think of any others?

The Wind That Done Shook The Barley
    The Wind Sighed From a Chimpanzee's Nose
    The Slightly Used Wind (Only One Owner)
    The Algonquind Roundtable (sp?)
    The Wind You Accidentally Swallow When You Eat
    (I have to do it:) The Broken Wind

@ttg_Stemmle said: -- Lastly, what's your pirate name?

Seagrass Bonner

• Terrible Curses
    The Zombie Pirate who ate my Root Beer
    A Pirate Study: More Than Meets the Eyepatch
    Voodoo Curses for Children
    The Secret of Monkey Island™ Guide Book: "Turn your Computer off and go to sleep"

Some aren't really voodoo books though :)

Enerik the Terrible

Add Comment