User Avatar Image

Voice Recording Snapshots

posted by JaredEJ on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

Hi everybody—Jared from Bay Area Sound here.

We've uploaded a very small collection of photo snapshots from the TOMI 102 voice recording sessions which you may all access here:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Bay-Area-Sound/60739756013

Audiophiles may want to "fan" that page while they're there, since that's where we post behind-the-scenes content for several of our current projects.

...and for those of you without Facebook, here are some of the pictures:

102voicerec1.jpg102voicerec2.jpg

Enjoy!

51 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Tea

@backslash said: Argh! Please place the photos on something other than Facebook. Photobucket/some other image hosting website, anything but Facebook :( I'm not going to sign up just to see some photos

I'm a very anti-Myspace/Facebook person :p

I have OpenDNS configured to block both so I can't even get to these pictures.

• @Tjibbbe said:

Btw, the next time Telltale's going to record audio commentary's for the DVD's, make sure you get to do some. The audio commentary's are always awesome, I was sad to see they weren't included on the Season 2-DVD.

BASD was all set up to do audio commentary for Sam & Max Season Two's DVD but they had some last minute schedule changes which threw it out of whack unfortunately. Next time we do a DVD with commentaries, we'll try to schedule it out again and hope for the best ;)

• Speaking of audio commentaries, I was listening to the Sound Guys commentaries on the Sam & Max Season One DVD last night and found myself thinking that Jared would make a very good Lemonhead. I swear he sounds just like Lemonhead from CMI.

• A long shot, but commentaries done in-character (a la "Lincoln Osiris" in Tropic Thunder) would be hilarious.

• @Soup said: A long shot, but commentaries done in-character (a la "Lincoln Osiris" in Tropic Thunder) would be hilarious.

That's a really nice idea, actually. I'd love to hear Sam & Max talking about their season in-character, and a Guybrush/LeChuck/Elaine thing would be pretty funny too

• @Wicked Mouse said: Well IMDB came with that name, and it was said to be Alexandra Boyd that did Elaines voice there, and I remember people saying that it will be the same Alexandra doing ToMI's Elaine.

IMDB:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0134599/

Google Images:
    http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=alexandra+boyd&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2&aq=0&oq=alexandra+boyd

I can't believe it, I thought that picture looked familiar and it was, she was in Corination Street for a while, which is a soap in the UK, and I never noticed that this person was the voice of Elaine.

• Can't wait to hear what the voices will be like :D

I'm not sure if this is the place to suugest but would it ever be possible to get such actors for future Monkey Island games as Paul McGann, Colin Baker or Tom Baker?

• @Vitas said:
    I'm not sure if this is the place to suugest but would it ever be possible to get such actors for future Monkey Island games as Paul McGann, Colin Baker or Tom Baker?

Doctor Who fan? :p

edit: Just noticed the TARDIS pic for your avatar :p

• @Ash735 said: Doctor Who fan? :p

edit: Just noticed the TARDIS pic for your avatar :p

Well yeah of course.

But also the fact is that these actors have played roles in like times which Monkey Island is set. I know Paul McGann especially played a red coat in Hornblower. That's why I thought also him being british as also the other two would be perfect for a role in a Monkey Island game. :)

• I reckon TTG should cast relative unknowns for their voices. It's great us fans being able to go "I want Hugh Laurie, and Johnnie Depp... and Brian Blessed... OOOH and Patrick Stewart!" etc. (Though, granted, we're not actually talking about such big names), but apart from a warm fuzzy feeling from hearing lines being read by guys we know/like, it serves very little purpose for a pretty big total hike in the budget. There are some extremely good voice-actors i've met in the UK who remain relatively un-tapped, and i'd be surprised if it isn't the case in the U.S.

I just want some Irish guy with dreadlocks and a purple suit, playing the piano in a basement bar (pub) voiced by Duke Special :)

Add Comment