User Avatar Image

Secret of Monkey Island:SE Hard Copy

posted by Wolfstar27 on - last edited - Viewed by 233 users

Im a Huge Monkey Island fan, ive got all the games in there orignal PC boxes, and ive pre-ordered the new one, which at the end of the episodes i will recieve a hard copy of Tales of Monkey Island, now my question is, the SMI:SE would there possibly be a hard copy of the game so i can add it to my collection besides only having it a downloadable game, im sure fans would agree with me there, what do you guys think?

19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Read what I wrote one more time.

"I would even pay another 5$ to get a big box, just like my copy of MI1&2"

We're getting an DVD in a standard cover. If you pre-order you'll get a special cover, but no BIG-BOX

Edit:
    my first post was describing my look on game distribution generally , not telltales spcifily.
    I really like telltales's way of selling games, but I miss the big-box

• DVD cases are more practical now. I'd rather have them than the boxes. That way you have more space on the shelf. The old boxes were really nice, though. I don't know if I'd want to go back to that, though. When you think about it it's an awful lot of space for just one disc and maybe a reg card or jewel case-sized manual (I'm talking nowadays. Not 15+ years ago when game companies weren't so cheap and the game boxes came with a ton of collector's items!).

• i sent a message to Lucasarts awhile back when i first heard about the SE, but sadly no really, i guess the monkeys arnt really listening :P, also i didnt think that with the downloadable games to burn onto CD or DVD, its a good idea, but it wouldnt be the same without boxart or a metal tin case, but its the first time im buying from telltales, just wondering if you download a game would it be saved on there system, just incase you deleted the file on your pc, so you can have unlimited download of the game?

• Yes. It keeps track on your account of which games you've bought. Once each season is complete, though, you can order a DVD from Tell Tale with the entire season on it as well as a bonus disc with extra goodies for just the cost of shipping (if you've already bought each episode beforehand).

• yeah pre-ordered TOMI when it was mentioned,so looking forward to the DVD hard copy, but just hoping and praying that they bring a DVD of the special edition

• It would be nice if they also remake MI2:LR and then let out a DVD with SMI-SE, MI2:LR-SE and the original CMI and EMI..

• Let's see how this one will do. If it makes enough money, I'm sure LucasArts will consider remaking MI2 as well. Here's hoping!

• @Wolfstar27 said: Im a Huge Monkey Island fan, ive got all the games in there orignal PC boxes, and ive pre-ordered the new one, which at the end of the episodes i will recieve a hard copy of Tales of Monkey Island, now my question is, the SMI:SE would there possibly be a hard copy of the game so i can add it to my collection besides only having it a downloadable game, im sure fans would agree with me there, what do you guys think?

There are no plans for an MI:SE hardcopy. It will be downloadable only.

• @ThunderPeel2001 said: There are no plans for an MI:SE hardcopy. It will be downloadable only.

The great thing is: Plans can change. :)

• I dont think that in shelves it would sell well... The new Guybrush's hair would scare costumers away.

Add Comment