User Avatar Image

Would you like to see Monkey Island 2 lechucks revenge special edition?

posted by Wolfstar27 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.0K users

as everyone knows with the hype leading up to the new Secret of Monkey Island:SE, everyone is wondering if there going to make a special edition to Monkey Island 2, now Monkey Island 2 is my favourite game in the series (infact it was the first one i played out of the series),my only concern is seeing the revamp of this game,because as crazy as it sounds, i really love detail in the game, the art work and backgrounds was really breathtaking, and if they revamp the characters,i dont know if there going to loose the hilarious facial expressions, like when guybrush shoves a dog down his pants, or see his cheesy smile, when hes up to no good, or when he gets threaten by largo and you see guybrushs false hair, i dont know wether it would feel the same.

what do you guys think? do you think my concerns are ridiculous, or do you agree with what im saying

211 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think MI2 was a huge improvement graphically over SoMI anyway so I dont think s MI2:SE would be as needed (I cant play the original now due to the graphics, but can MI2)

It would be worth it just for the voices though IMO.

• @Toothless Gibbon said: I think MI2 was a huge improvement graphically over SoMI anyway so I dont think s MI2:SE would be as needed (I cant play the original now due to the graphics, but can MI2)

It would be worth it just for the voices though IMO.

I am playing through MI2 atm, and I am also thinking it would be nice with voices. So would be great if they made a game the same way as MI1:SE where you can choose between old and new graphics, and hopefully voices as well. Old grapthics with voices would be nice :)

• It's certainly a bigger job than MI1. More characters, more animation, more locations, MUCH more music (and how to match the iMUSE used in the original would pose an interesting puzzle). Once saving grace could be that they still have the original handpainted backgrounds, so if they could be re-scanned at a higher res that would both look great and save work.

I'd love to see it as MI2 is my favourite in the series, but it's not an upgrade to be taken lightly.

Not that this has anything to do with Telltale, of course.

• I don't think it's needed too... But, anyway, I really hope they would contact a good hairstylist........... :rolleyes:

• @GozzoMan said: I don't think it's needed too... But, anyway, I really hope they would contact a good hairstylist........... :rolleyes:

Seconded :)

• I'd be OK with just the addition of voices.

• @PariahKing said: I'd be OK with just the addition of voices.

Yes, to be honest The Sam and Max voices period really did it for me . I grew up durring the Fate of Atlantis, DOTT , SAM period . I didn't really grow up in the silent video game period . The only silent video game I can stand to play is Last Crusade (that's silent right ?) (The adventure game version ).

• I think MI2 is perfect the way it is. It's probably one of the only games i would not want to hear the voices, because it'll take away from the music, which really did all the talking in that game. It'll be like wanting to add voices to the old silent movies, kinda destroys their point. Also, it's almost impossible to recreate the complex tricks Imuse did on the midi with recorded music.

• @Silverwolfpet said: Seconded :)

Thirded

The hair makes him look like a brat.
    Still going to love it though :D. Bring on MI2 special edition.

• I already made a thread about other lucasarts SE games here. :)

Add Comment