User Avatar Image

Would you like to see Monkey Island 2 lechucks revenge special edition?

posted by Wolfstar27 on - last edited - Viewed by 2K users

as everyone knows with the hype leading up to the new Secret of Monkey Island:SE, everyone is wondering if there going to make a special edition to Monkey Island 2, now Monkey Island 2 is my favourite game in the series (infact it was the first one i played out of the series),my only concern is seeing the revamp of this game,because as crazy as it sounds, i really love detail in the game, the art work and backgrounds was really breathtaking, and if they revamp the characters,i dont know if there going to loose the hilarious facial expressions, like when guybrush shoves a dog down his pants, or see his cheesy smile, when hes up to no good, or when he gets threaten by largo and you see guybrushs false hair, i dont know wether it would feel the same.

what do you guys think? do you think my concerns are ridiculous, or do you agree with what im saying

211 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Wouldn't mind it... as long as they don't mess up Guybrush with some weird model.

• There is a Special Edition concept art of an MI2 Guybrush, but he looks so old and emaciated. :( I absolutely hate that piece of art.

• Definitely, it's so weird that when I go back to play SMI and MI2 that it seems strange to not hear Dominic's voice. Plus I'd really like to hear what Largo would sound like. I agree though, all that is needed is the voices, updated graphics aren't needed. Speaking of which, does anyone know if in SMI:SE when you switch back to the original graphics if the voice-overs stay or do they go away too?

Thanks.

• I think a Special Edition only makes sense if it adds some additional value, like that it's not available for a certain platform yet, enhancing specific aspects of the game like better art(gfx, sfx), additional scenes and riddles in between, adding a behind the scenes, ...

If it doesn't add something like this, i guess it's already fine just selling the old version so that people can buy it in a legal way. Although this might be different for someone who never played the game before.

The gfx in the Special Edition of SOMI are, well, ahm, ... but nevertheless it is available for the Xbox360.

• @Toothless Gibbon said: I think MI2 was a huge improvement graphically over SoMI anyway so I dont think s MI2:SE would be as needed (I cant play the original now due to the graphics, but can MI2)

It would be worth it just for the voices though IMO.

The VGA version of SoMI is fairly similar graphically to LeChuck's Revenge. And it's very playble with the use of a high quaility magnification filter in ScummVM. Have you only played the EGA version?

• @PariahKing said: I'd be OK with just the addition of voices.

I don't think that Lucasarts will do that coz there are already people working on adding speech to MI2 without any other changes, so it wouldn't sell, coz these other guys are doin it 4 free.

• @OzzieMonkey said: I don't think that Lucasarts will do that coz there are already people working on adding speech to MI2 without any other changes, so it wouldn't sell, coz these other guys are doin it 4 free.

Wouldnt exactly be the same. Such free projects sometimes takes years, and sometimes never get done. Even if it did, it wouldnt be the original voices like Lucasarts could do.

Certainly would be nice hearing the voice of Largo, the pirate songs, the skeleton song. Lechuck in the ending of the game :), the parents.

I doubt they would be able to do all that in free voice over remake of MI2. Especially with good music. If Lucasarts did an MI2 remake Im also hoping they would redo all the sounds. I just played through the game, and they could use an update. Still a great game though :) Still my favorite of all adventure games.

Didnt know about the fan voice over though. I would settle for that if thats all there is to get, if they get it done.

• @OzzieMonkey said: I don't think that Lucasarts will do that coz there are already people working on adding speech to MI2 without any other changes, so it wouldn't sell, coz these other guys are doin it 4 free.

I can't stand fan voiceovers. They sound dorky and I'd rather hear a professional. The drawback to stuff that's "4 free" is that you get what you pay for.

And I'd pay to get a special edition of MI2, if LA did it.

• Would you like to see Monkey Island 2 lechucks revenge special edition?

ABSOLUTELY!!! even more so since its my favorite of the MI games

• MI2: SE would be great!! But Guybrush's hair really needs a change from the SMI:SE.... He sure looks like a jerky surfer dude... And ONLY if they wouldn't mess up the zombie version of LeChuck like they did in EMI...

Add Comment