User Avatar Image

The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

posted by Junaid on - last edited - Viewed by 28.3K users

For those of you who were not a part of the Monkey Island community back in the days, there was a lot of fanart, as can be seen here

I don't know about you guys but I got inspired right away when I saw the Tales of Monkey Island footage and I've been sketching like a madman the past two days.

Any artists in here? I'm curious if we'll see some new ecxiting work. And I of course hope dat some old favorites like Ado will come back to make some more masterpieces :)

2.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @[ST said: Chris;137599']It's so great to see that Monkey Island is back!
    The journey is going on... :)

(A rough painting of mine)

Monkey_Ride_by_CNZ19.jpg

Disturbing but incredible.

• CMI_Captains_cabin_by_Argial.jpg

I made this for a uni project. The project was to make a room in 3d so I made this captains cabin using the Curse of Monkey Island art style. I love the Bill Tiller clouds :D. Came out pretty good I think.

• Wow!
    You know, it always striked me in a weird way: If all the Monkey Island fans would team up, we could make a superbe MI fangame! I'd compose the music for it :p

• I like how the fan art is so broad. keep it up.

• @Silverwolfpet said: Wow!
    You know, it always striked me in a weird way: If all the Monkey Island fans would team up, we could make a superbe MI fangame! I'd compose the music for it :p

I always thought along the same lines. There were so many different attempts to make a fan-game, and all of them got half-finished before people got bored. If we'd all pulled together, could have had a nice game :p

• @Gryffalio said: I always thought along the same lines. There were so many different attempts to make a fan-game, and all of them got half-finished before people got bored. If we'd all pulled together, could have had a nice game :p

I thought it would be a really cool idea to make a fake Monkey Island 5 trailer and then at the end say coming 2015 the year that Jim Ward (now ex-president of LucasArts) said LucasArts might revisit the Monkey Island franchise. Too late now though, and that still would have been a hell of a lot of work to make something that looks good.

• @nadir said: CMI_Captains_cabin_by_Argial.jpg

I made this for a uni project. The project was to make a room in 3d so I made this captains cabin using the Curse of Monkey Island art style. I love the Bill Tiller clouds :D. Came out pretty good I think.

I almost thought it was real screenie or so from MI5 :) Nice work!

• @nadir said: I thought it would be a really cool idea to make a fake Monkey Island 5 trailer and then at the end say coming 2015 the year that Jim Ward (now ex-president of LucasArts) said LucasArts might revisit the Monkey Island franchise. Too late now though, and that still would have been a hell of a lot of work to make something that looks good.

Hmmm, why should we make it fake? I mean, we won't have any right to use the LucasArts logo or to sell the game (which, I'm sure, no one wants to do), so, why fake?
    We can actually do a fangame based on the series, with an original story, graphics that we all agree upon (:p) and original soundtrack etc.

Ron Gilbert still has his own version of MI3 (in his head), why don't we make our version of MI5? Anyone interested?

Check this out, it really impressed me. Too bad they're working really slow.
    These are actually screenshots of a fangame (made by italians).
    sc2.gif

And they also have insult swordfighting.
    sc1.gif

Source: www.fangames.tk

Besides, I would see it as a tribute to TTG and LucasArts. Oh and, of course, proof that the huge fan base hasn't died! :D

• @Mysterysheep said: Disturbing but incredible.

Thank you very much Mysterysheep - it means a lot :)

I am also very interested in fan games, there are some very exciting ones!
    As Gryffalio already said, it's very sad that often people give up before finishing a game...

• @Silverwolfpet said: Wow!

Check out Night of the Hermit. But more fan stuff never comes short.

Add Comment