User Avatar Image

Stuck at inside view of ice cream van

posted by bannedrew on - last edited - Viewed by 293 users

I don't know if I'm missing something or if it's a bug. I'm flying along in the ice cream van chasing the balloon and I clicked to go to the internal view. I've tried bubble gum ice cream and bird seed ice cream (and even starting pistol ice cream) and none of them do anything. I've extended the serving hand which hasn't helped.

I'm starting to think I need to do something outside the van but when I right click to exit out of the internal view, nothing happens. Is this a bug or is there something I'm supposed to do inside first?

14 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @bannedrew said: wgprob.jpg

This is the screen I'm stuck at. I can't find any sunroof hotspot here and right clicking does nothing.

Then it is a bug. Right clicking should bring you out the to van view again.

• Does anyone have a saved game of just before that moment that I could copy over mine?

• I'm having the same problem. From what I understand, other people had this problem in the final chapter of episode 1. Yet Telltale didn't fix it.

This is unacceptable.

I feel like I just wasted the last couple of hours.

• User Avatar Image
    ScottAlexander Telltale Staff

@SchneeIst Weiss said: I'm having the same problem. From what I understand, other people had this problem in the final chapter of episode 1. Yet Telltale didn't fix it.

Telltale was unable to ever track down reproducible steps to correctly diagnose and cure the issue. It's not that we didn't fix it, it's that we could never discover a means of accurately reproducing the issue. We can't fix things if we don't know why they're happening. If anyone has a saved game while the issue is occurring they can send to me ASAP at:

acannon@telltalegames.com

From this we may be able to glean some information that could possibly be useful. That would be much appreciated. Thank you.

We've received a save game and are currently diagnosing the issue. We will keep this thread updated as more information is gathered. Thank you for your continued patience, this bug has annoyed us for a very, very, long time.

• As near as I can tell, it's not that he can't go out to the van view. You need to first right click and then click the sunroof hotspot. You can't click it while zoomed in.

• @jweir said: As near as I can tell, it's not that he can't go out to the van view. You need to first right click and then click the sunroof hotspot. You can't click it while zoomed in.

The thing is that we can't zoom out to the van view. Right clicking doesn't do anything so we can't click the sunroof.

• Here's what saw when I exited the game and reloaded after I got stuck inside the van.

wackyWaG3.jpg

I will admit that I hit Alt-F4 to quit instead of the normal method in the hopes of keeping the game from saving the game while inside the van.

Oh, well. It's an amusing pic anyway.

Telltale Games, may I suggest going back to the old normal way of handling saves manually (like in your previous games). Having the ability to have multiple saves would help avoid things like this in the future.

Thanks

• I downloaded the latest version of the game and the save file at http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9110 and was able to finish the game.

I guess there is a sort of manual save feature, the bookmarks, but it's not very clear and there is no manual.

Oh well, now I'll know for the future.

Thanks

• Just sent my save, which is having the same issue. It seems to reload fine, though, rather than give that strange view.

• We fixed this and posted an updated version of the game. If you redownload and install, it should fix the problem!

Add Comment