User Avatar Image

OMG! The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood!

posted by pilouuuu on - last edited - Viewed by 214 users

That's how Episode 4 is called. Will we see Guybrush... die? We probably will, but I assume it will be in a similar fashion to Curse of Monkey Island :-P

I can't wait for the first episode to come and get to play a new Monkey Island. Thanks Telltale for making us so happy! :-D

17 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah, it'd be great seeing Guybrush as a zombie and LeChuck as a human! Great idea!

• He shall be reborn as the Pirate God mentioned in the next episode's title, obviously!

I kind of hope they build up the execution dramatically, and then end the episode a split second before it's made sure he's gonna die. That would be awesome tension-building across episodes.

An alternative is ending it as his head is separated from his shoulders and lingering on it for a bit. Have the next episode preview voiced by another character.

There a a billion ways to bring him back from such a scenario, including a Dallas-like "it never happened"(as a nod to MI2, "How could you/Guybrush be dead if you're/he's sitting right there?"

• He could just be sentenced to a marooning.

• I am in favor of an undead/zombie Guybrush (see avatar). I just love this idea that the roles of Guybrush and LeChuck will be reversed as the story progresses. Poor Elaine is caught in the middle of the unfolding charade. Of course, Guybrush cannot stay undead. He must prevail in the end.

• @mhaley said: I am in favor of an undead/zombie Guybrush (see avatar). I just love this idea that the roles of Guybrush and LeChuck will be reversed as the story progresses. Poor Elaine is caught in the middle of the unfolding charade. Of course, Guybrush cannot stay undead. He must prevail in the end.

But would this cause an outcry among the fanbase I wonder?

• @Secret Fawful said: But would this cause an outcry among the fanbase I wonder?

If it does I'd say the fanbase is getting way too picky and they shouldn't even be playing new MI games. Stories are stories. And the ones written by Tell Tale are good. And it's not going to be permanent anyway as Guybrush must always prevail in the end, so...why not?

• @Romav said: Your spoiler would have been better had you left the words 'Sam & Max' unspoilered so people like me had an idea on what you were spoilering. Did not expect a Sam & Max spoiler in a Monkey Island thread, and am disappointed now :(

Yeah.

• @PariahKing said: Yeah.

All good he has fixed it now :)

• @MusicallyInspired said: If it does I'd say the fanbase is getting way too picky and they shouldn't even be playing new MI games. Stories are stories. And the ones written by Tell Tale are good. And it's not going to be permanent anyway as Guybrush must always prevail in the end, so...why not?

I'd have to agree. In my mind, the one thing worse than an unfaithful sequel is a sequel that is so bent on being faithful that it refuses to do things that might strengthen the narrative and make the story stand strong on its own.

Add Comment