User Avatar Image

Ideas for Star Wars Telltale games

posted by Victory63 on - last edited - Viewed by 276 users

I know it might be hard for a point and click Star Wars game but hear me out here as I've got a way for it to work:

How about a Star Wars: Droids and Star Wars: Ewoks. With Droids you play as C-3PO and R2-D2 and play along as a point and click adventure (the same with the Ewoks except you play as Wicket with the other Ewoks).

With Droids, the episodes could be based sometime between the stories or during them like evading Boba Fett and IG-88 or something else.

With the Ewoks, could just be another adventure on Endor against the Duloks or Morag.

Also another idea is that Telltale could do another Lucas Learning game but besides that, Droids and/or Ewoks would be a great idea.

Also note, the Droids series is canon as in the book "The Star Wars Ultimate Visual Guide" states that at some point C-3PO and R2 got split from Antilles on some occasion.

So yeah, would be great for Telltale to do a Droids or Ewok series :D

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Vitas said: I know it might be hard for a point and click Star Wars game but hear me out here as I've got a way for it to work:

How about a Star Wars: Droids and Star Wars: Ewoks. With Droids you play as C-3PO and R2-D2 and play along as a point and click adventure (the same with the Ewoks except you play as Wicket with the other Ewoks).
    :D

How about Star Wars, the adventures of Jar Jar Bink...
    Seriously there is another company who has done StarWars to death...
    I think it has some L in its name and ends with Arts ;-)

• @werpu said: How about Star Wars, the adventures of Jar Jar Bink...
    Seriously there is another company who has done StarWars to death...
    I think it has some L in its name and ends with Arts ;-)

Usually people who think that way should just ignore what they don't like and not spread it to other people.

But really, this is kind of a good idea for a Star Wars point and click adventure.

• @Vitas said: Usually people who think that way should just ignore what they don't like and not spread it to other people.

But really, this is kind of a good idea for a Star Wars point and click adventure.

Ok Jokes aside:

The closest games in the Star Wars universe to point and click adventures are the Kotor RPGs done by Bioware for Lucasarts.
    Not really adventure games but very story intensive.
    They btw. are really good games on their own, also as far as I can remember there was something along the lines of Yodas desktop adventures back in the early nineties, but I have never seen the game all I know is that it got rather bad ratings.

• @werpu said: Ok Jokes aside:

The closest games in the Star Wars universe to point and click adventures are the Kotor RPGs done by Bioware for Lucasarts.
    Not really adventure games but very story intensive.
    They btw. are really good games on their own, also as far as I can remember there was something along the lines of Yodas desktop adventures back in the early nineties, but I have never seen the game all I know is that it got rather bad ratings.

I can't see KOTOR as point and click.

And maybe Yodas desktop adventures got a bad rating cause it was an EDUCATIONAL GAME. You would see bad ratings for educational games due to large majority of gamers wanting blood, gore, body parts being decapitated and some action.

But the fact is a Droids and Ewoks point and click adventure would suite and be perfect. The Droids could be based on the episodes the same as Ewoks or could be whole new stories but within those series.

• Nooo! No Star Wars! We don't want TTG to slowly turn into that "other company", do we?

• @Erwin said: Nooo! No Star Wars! We don't want TTG to slowly turn into that "other company", do we?

Well I don't see any harm in it. Plus the Droids and Ewoks series is already you know, so they can't do any harm in createing a point and click adventure.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the Star Wars Droids and Ewoks series so I'll provide some links about them:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Droids

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Ewoks

So you see, this is why a Star Wars point and click adventure would be perfect for these.

• Oh yeah, let's do it once more, exciting monoculture here we come!

• I've always wondered why they never made a Star Wars adventure game.

I'd be down for one.

• One was planned, maybe even started production, back in the SCUMM days. C-3PO was the playable character.

And yes, it was scrapped.

• My first reaction was NOOO, but once I got over the initial reaction of Star Wars = End of good point'n'clicks, I guess I could go for one. Would be interesting, to say the least.

Add Comment