User Avatar Image

Microphone Support!

posted by Fury on - last edited - Viewed by 182 users

I have an idea!

AN IDEA THAT SHOULD BE FULFILLED!

Insult Swordfighting isn't in Episode 1 (confirmed by Dom in Private forum) but it will probably be added to the other episodes at some point.

I think for PC, you should be able to use microphones to yell your insults instead of clicking on them. Insult Swordfighting is a pretty basic formula, but this could make it more enjoyable.

Just an idea.

19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • How would the game know that your insult is a good response to the one on screen?

It might be able to tell if it rhymes but you could say anything that rhymes and win each time.

• nah... if they offered it I would turn it off any way.

• Why would we need a thing like that? I'd hate it

• Player speaks to teh microphone: "how appropriate..you fight like a cow"
    *voice being interpreted*
    Guybrush: "Im shakin im shakin"

guybrush looses

Player undergoes nerd rage

• I want to hear Dominic Armato saying those lines, not myself! ...it would be...weird. If I need to go insult swordfighting, I come here to this forum and have a go at the thread used for this. ...We could have a chat-thingie made up, if we really want to. Actually going one-on-one with our own insults, and a refferee. Ah, nevermind.

• [quote]Insult Swordfighting isn't in Episode 1 (confirmed by Dom in Private forum) but it will probably be added to the other episodes at some point.[/quote]

Sometimes history has a way of rewriting itself on the forums, so I just wanted to pop in and to point out that Telltale hasn't confirmed (or even suggested) that Insult Swordfighting will appear in later episodes.

I'm another one who gets embarrassed using my DS microphone - usually because I'm on an airplane or in the doctor's waiting room or something, but even in my own house, it feels weird. Then again, I'd also much rather press buttons when I'm on the phone with an automated system than say "yes", "no," etc.

• well I must say that I would feel a bit disappointed if insult sword fighting doesn't make it in any episodes.

• Well at some point you gotta stop servicing the fans and start making a good game.

• @uniqortkga said: Well at some point you gotta stop servicing the fans and start making a good game.

Completely agree. It doesn't need to be in a MI game (see MI 2). Skip this game and put it in the next one.

Add Comment