User Avatar Image

So I'm finally getting aorund to playing Bone

posted by Duate on - last edited - Viewed by 322 users

I love it. I spent most of my teen years following the Bone books and as an adult I'm a proud owner of every book (the black and white ones, the color ones are next on my book-getting list), and I've read them all numerous times, and they've shaped the way I make art. So Bone really means a lot to me.

This series really feels very true to the material. It gave me all the warm fuzzies in all the same places, even though they changed a lot of things to make it more gameplayable. I was really surprised at how it brought all the feelings from reading bone wooshing back into my heart. Nicely done, Telltale.

And i LOVE the mini games, like ted crossing the river and such. Keep doing those (hide and seek not so much, Fone walks too slow and it felt a little trudging).

And I actually got CHILLS down my spine there at the end when Grandma and the Red Dragon faced off. AWESOME.

Time to get the Great Cow Race!

Keep this series going, TT, PLEASE! (Also make them a little longer please? I know I've only played part one, so maybe two is a little longer? Part one only took me about 2 hours.)

16 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Problem at least here in germany was that the games were too easy, especially part one, and they also got critisised for this in the reviews. So this wasn't exactly what adventure gamers, at least the ones i know of, were looking for those days.

I also would say that if Bone would have started after Sam&Max it probably would have worked a whole lot better. Episode two really is a good adventure. I enjoyed it actually more than quite some of the weaker Sam&Max episodes.

One thing i noticed when replaying it was that i loved using mouse point&click again. After playing W&G it felt a bit like a relief beeing able to steer and select this way. I'm fine with steering my character with a gamepad but the selection as it is now doesn't work for me so well and i simply want to use only one input device. I also noticed that without the preselected hotspots things turned out beeing more difficult again.

It would make sense doing a third episode or even complete a season and see how it's going this time.

• Ok I finally have finished episode 1, and have to say it was excellent. I dont know why I never played it before, probably for the reason why most people never played it. I was not really knowing Telltale before Sam and Max and only recently got interested due to the other games!

• @werpu said: Ok I finally have finished episode 1, and have to say it was excellent. I dont know why I never played it before, probably for the reason why most people never played it. I was not really knowing Telltale before Sam and Max and only recently got interested due to the other games!

Agreed! - But if you liked the first episode, don't miss the second one, as I think it is even better and much longer than the first one.

• @Nightsurfer said: Agreed! - But if you liked the first episode, don't miss the second one, as I think it is even better and much longer than the first one.

No worries I will as soon as I have time, my feelings to do it however my feelings are mixed since it just stops and probably never will be continued :mad:
    But seriously I will play it also I am thinking about buying the books just to see how the story will progress.

• I finished ep 1 today, after grabbing a load of stuff in the $5 sale. I really enjoyed it, I grabbed The Great Cow Race so I have that to look forward to.

• @werpu said: No worries I will as soon as I have time, my feelings to do it however my feelings are mixed since it just stops and probably never will be continued :mad:
    But seriously I will play it also I am thinking about buying the books just to see how the story will progress.

definitely read the books. Bone is an amazing story.

• @Duate said: definitely read the books. Bone is an amazing story.

I just ordered the compound edition this should fill in nicely. I will have finished part two, as my baby son permits around the next days, and the 1300 pages edition with all nine books will arrive tomorrow, excellent timing :-)

I probably are too old for should being able to enjoy this stuff, but I really love all this stuff even in my progressed age of 38 :-)
    Hehe I am looking forward to the time when I can watch and play all this together with my son.

• @werpu said: I just ordered the compound edition this should fill in nicely. I will have finished part two, as my baby son permits around the next days, and the 1300 pages edition with all nine books will arrive tomorrow, excellent timing :-)

I probably are too old for should being able to enjoy this stuff, but I really love all this stuff even in my progressed age of 38 :-)
    Hehe I am looking forward to the time when I can watch and play all this together with my son.

excellent choice. and be sure to read from the start. the games are great and all, but they didn't include all of the plot from the books (they skipped some things).

and you'll be surprised how much you can enjoy them at your advanced age. they have a tendency to somehow revert us old farts to a time in life when you could read silly things and get great joy out of them, yet they still retain a very adult feel in the overarching storyline and motifs. i have a feeling you'll like them.

enjoy! :D

• Actually the book came yesterday and I almost finished it in the night reading a few hours.
    I am at page 900 or so, and I love it, it reminds me a lot on the old Carl Barks comics from the 30s and 40s.
    It is rather rare this style is still used to that excellency.

Overall I am glad I bought the compound edition, after all comic books are fast to read (and hard to produce I guess due to the additional drawing work)

@Duate said: excellent choice. and be sure to read from the start. the games are great and all, but they didn't include all of the plot from the books (they skipped some things).

and you'll be surprised how much you can enjoy them at your advanced age. they have a tendency to somehow revert us old farts to a time in life when you could read silly things and get great joy out of them, yet they still retain a very adult feel in the overarching storyline and motifs. i have a feeling you'll like them.

enjoy! :D

• I love the word yokels, really!

Add Comment