User Avatar Image

Q&A With the Team

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 6.3K users

Welcome to the secret forum! As a thank you for pre-ordering, we've created this little backstage area where you can hang out with the development team, keep an eye on the development of Tales of Monkey Island, and hopefully get your hands on things before we go wide with them to the public.

First off, though, let's start a Q&A thread!

Any questions you've got for the development team, ask 'em here!
We'll try to dogpile this thread with high quality facts and higher quality lies conversation!

1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Dave Grossman said: Please, giant robot monkeys are so last week. We've moved on to psychosomatic nitrogen-based open-source Facebonk YouTooTube monkeys.

Oh, thanks for that....answer. :(

I asked the question because I´m interested in wheter Tales of Monkey Island is a continuation of Monkey Island 1&2, or a continuation of Escape from Monkey Island. Since the ending in the fourth game with the Monkey Robot and Hermans relationship with Elaine rewrites quite a lot of what was going in the first two game, I really can´t be a continuation of both. And since Mike Stemmle one hand says that takes place a few years after Escape, and one another says its a continutation of Monkey Island 2......well I´m a bit confused. :confused:

• Do you think will see the return of Largo LaGrande as it was never mentioned what happened to him after LeChuck's Fortress was destroyed in MI 2, is he dead or has he been in hiding waiting to get revenge on our lovable wannabe pirate hero???

• User Avatar Image
    GoT

@Candyghost said: I satrted playing MI on my Amiga 500 and MI was the game that leaded me to buy a memory extention at that time. MI tune is my ringtone since about '99

Dude can you email me the ringtone?? I want to replace my TMNT one! I don't think the turtles will be too upset!

• User Avatar Image
    GoT

Heres another question: Can we have another forum thread that noone can post in which you can compile some answers to? I'm reading thru 50 pages of posts trying to find answers for some important questions in the first 10 pages which dont appear to be answered. but because its 50 pages i have probably forgot the questions!! God help me if i have to insult sword fight again!!

GoT

• @Incognito said: Oh, thanks for that....answer. :(

I asked the question because I´m interested in wheter Tales of Monkey Island is a continuation of Monkey Island 1&2, or a continuation of Escape from Monkey Island. Since the ending in the fourth game with the Monkey Robot and Hermans relationship with Elaine rewrites quite a lot of what was going in the first two game, I really can´t be a continuation of both. And since Mike Stemmle one hand says that takes place a few years after Escape, and one another says its a continutation of Monkey Island 2......well I´m a bit confused. :confused:

It's a continuation of the series as a whole. It accepts all four games' events as canon. My guess, though, is that they won't feature Herman Toothrot or the Giant Monkey Head/Robot. I could be wrong, but if I were in their shoes, I'd stay well away from anything with that much baggage.

• @thesporkman said: There should be a Ctrl+L to lose the game.

That's a point!

Dave, you should put in Ctrl+W to lose the game >:-)

• @Incognito said: Oh, thanks for that....answer. :(

I kinda saw it as a "Yes... it happend... we will speak no more of it."

Then again, it could be a good joke to annoy fans, or make them happy. (Ah yes, that Monkey Robot blew up in outer space.) Or ("Get ready for MOOOOONKY KOMBAAAAT" *MI fan at computer* "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" "Just kidding" *MI fan laughs at reference*)

• Question regarding the ToMI DVD release:

Are you guys planning on tailoring the different episodes together to one whole game so we can play the episodes back2back MI style from start to the end credits, or will it be separate episodes selectable at the main menu like S&M?

(Sorry if question has already been answered)

• What's the name of the new voice actor who's doing LeChuck's voice in ToMI?

• Is it possible to release the game NOW? I really can't wait any longer! ... must... play.... monkey ... island... aaarggg

(No this isn't a serious question so don't bother answering it :P...)

Add Comment