User Avatar Image

Concepts and Such

posted by Ry Guy on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

Stuff that has lead up to current designs and stuff that has just been left to die.

263 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Mysterysheep said: Isn't that the case with everthing? The artwork for videogames always tends to surpass what it ends up like in-game.

Yes, but usually less as much...unfortunately IMHO the 3D barely resembles the concept in this case...
    No offense to the team though, the game looks great regardless.

• I admit my original reaction to evil ol' Zombie Pirate LeChuck was a bit 'Um.. What's with the lips?', but then, why should it bother me? Each Monkey Island game does something new with the style, and they all go beyond something merely technological. That's half of what keeps the games interesting for me!

I actually sort of like the tusks for LeChuck, but then, LeChuck's already got Ghost Zombie Demon Politician Statue Evil Dread Pirate behind his name... I believe the point to draw the line is at 'Wooly Mammoth'.

I love seeing this stuff, you've made the pre-order worth it! :D

• ^Welcome to the club! I assume that LeChuck will be much more evil and much more scary than we've seen him in the previous games! Just imagine his bear and eyes glowing in the dark... Surely we'll have something simmilar in the game, later on. :D

• @Silverwolfpet said: Just imagine his bear and eyes glowing in the dark...

He has an army of nuclear animals?

• @AndyBundy said: He has an army of nuclear animals?

Oops... I meant BEARD. : ) ) :p
    But a glow-in-the-dark bear would be cool too!

• @Silverwolfpet said: Oops... I meant BEARD. : ) ) :p
    But a glow-in-the-dark bear would be cool too!

Don't tell South Korea that, they have already done Ferrets and Cats :

• User Avatar Image
    seanvanaman Telltale Staff

@nadir said: I like the design images, but feel that it hasn't been translated too well into 3d.

I think in the final, shipped product, Ryan's concept is pretty much spot-on.

Add Comment