User Avatar Image

TOMI on WiiWare question

posted by King45 on - last edited - Viewed by 145 users

I plan to buy the game through wiiware
and I want to know:

What is the day one? 7 july?
Will cost 1000 points?
I'm italian and i buy the game in english ,but i want to know if ,in the future, always through wiiware will publish an update to resolve it.

Thanks and sorry for my bad english :D

19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @tmsmyth4 said: considering we are less than 2weeks away from release, surely they have some idea. i know its a long shot and i dont expect a response but the thought of waiting a month checking Wiiware every day with no monkey island is killing me! maybe i'll be pleasantly surprised if 'as close as possible' means a week or 2. Seriously considering investing in a new PC before July 7th!

If the world were a logical and reasonable place, then we would likely have a good idea as to when the game will come out for the wii. Unfortunately, if the world were a logical and reasonable place, we wouldn't have had to wait this many years for a new Monkey game.

In short, we really just don't know. You have no idea how much I wish we did, but we don't.

• @tmsmyth4 said: considering we are less than 2weeks away from release, surely they have some idea.

That's my whole point. If they did then we'd know. Because they'd tell us right away! You wouldn't have to ask. Why would they hold such information from us?

• User Avatar Image
    seanvanaman Telltale Staff

we just don't have a solid date yet -- this is due to us being an independent developer with limited resources, getting through testing, working with Nintendo, all of that. it's coming along nicely and you won't have to wait too long after the PC.

• We're trying to keep the WiiWare date as close to the PC date as possible, but we don't know quite when it will be. We'll announce the WiiWare date as soon as we know! We also don't know the price for sure, but Strong Bad episodes were 1,000 points.

• @Will said: If the world were a logical and reasonable place, then we would likely have a good idea as to when the game will come out for the wii. Unfortunately, if the world were a logical and reasonable place, we wouldn't have had to wait this many years for a new Monkey game.

In short, we really just don't know. You have no idea how much I wish we did, but we don't.

fair play, thats put it into perspective. 9years waiting for a new MI, and I cant wait a few weeks/month for a console release. Sounds pathetic really, ill sit tight! Being impatient as usual. Been replaying Grim Fandango for the first time in 10years, that'll keep me busy for a while:D

• @seanvanaman said: we just don't have a solid date yet -- this is due to us being an independent developer with limited resources, getting through testing, working with Nintendo, all of that. it's coming along nicely and you won't have to wait too long after the PC.

@seanvanaman said: We're trying to keep the WiiWare date as close to the PC date as possible, but we don't know quite when it will be. We'll announce the WiiWare date as soon as we know! We also don't know the price for sure, but Strong Bad episodes were 1,000 points.

Thanks for the info :D

• @tmsmyth4 said: fair play, thats put it into perspective. 9years waiting for a new MI, and I cant wait a few weeks/month for a console release.

Well, waiting 9 years is rather easy - it's always the second 9 years that really kill you from the inside... :D

np: Markus Guentner - Jellyfish (1981)

• I don't know much about how the WiiWare release process works--I imagine there's some kind of testing/verification that has to be done by Nintendo before they will release something onto their console. I'm not sure if this is done by the developers or not. Any Telltale folks able/willing to say at this point if the build of the Wii version has been approved by Nintendo yet? Is it a matter of them finishing the testing, or just of them putting it on their release calendar officially?

I already played it on PC, but I'm just curious. Plus it might be fun to replay from my couch.

• @bobhobbit said: I don't know much about how the WiiWare release process works--I imagine there's some kind of testing/verification that has to be done by Nintendo before they will release something onto their console. I'm not sure if this is done by the developers or not. Any Telltale folks able/willing to say at this point if the build of the Wii version has been approved by Nintendo yet? Is it a matter of them finishing the testing, or just of them putting it on their release calendar officially?

I already played it on PC, but I'm just curious. Plus it might be fun to replay from my couch.

yea what he sayed

Add Comment