User Avatar Image

Q&A With the Team

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 12.5K users

Welcome to the secret forum! As a thank you for pre-ordering, we've created this little backstage area where you can hang out with the development team, keep an eye on the development of Tales of Monkey Island, and hopefully get your hands on things before we go wide with them to the public.

First off, though, let's start a Q&A thread!

Any questions you've got for the development team, ask 'em here!
We'll try to dogpile this thread with high quality facts and higher quality lies conversation!

1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Pretty nerdy question, but going over the titles...

The Secret of Monkey Island was kinda about finding the secret of the island called Monkey Island.
    LeChuck's Revenge was about LeChuck's revenge, simply.
    The Curse of Monkey Island was about the Carnival of the Damned, pretty much.
    Escape from Monkey Island was later on about just what the title said.

So, are the "tales of Monkey Island" the episodes or an in-game element?

• @Dave Grossman said: I, for one, disagree - I think it kind of messes up the cliffhangers by removing the mental space between the episodes. (Sometimes you notice a similar effect when you watch a TV show designed to have commercial breaks after those breaks have been removed.) The season is designed serially, and should be played that way for maximum enjoyment. In fact, I personally think that the folks who wait until the run is over to play the whole season at once (and some people will) are going to miss out on a cool part of the experience, that being the conversation that goes on in the intervening weeks between episodes.

Just my opinion, mind you.

I've never taken part in the "conversation" in the intervening weeks with the other series, and I've enjoyed them plenty. Not to mention that it sounds like TMI will be a much tighter experience (more like a full-size game in five parts), moreso than the previous Telltale series.

I just think it would be cool to have it move from one episode straight into the next, just cutting out the opening and closing credits (except for at the beginning and end, naturally).

• @Sir Pantalones said: Pretty nerdy question, but going over the titles...

The Secret of Monkey Island was kinda about finding the secret of the island called Monkey Island.
    LeChuck's Revenge was about LeChuck's revenge, simply.
    The Curse of Monkey Island was about the Carnival of the Damned, pretty much.
    Escape from Monkey Island was later on about just what the title said.

So, are the "tales of Monkey Island" the episodes or an in-game element?

He's only answered it a hundred times. Take a look a few pages back.

• Hi i dont know if this question has been answered previously but i was wondering when you say there are 5 chapters. will each chapter be the equivalant length in time to play the games or will the chapters be like small parts in the whole games e.g. part 5 Guybrush kikcs butt again

• @hplikelike said: He's only answered it a hundred times. Take a look a few pages back.

Somehow missed it. Excuse me. Though there are A LOT of pages.

• @Sir Pantalones said: Somehow missed it. Excuse me. Though there are A LOT of pages.

He's stated that the title is more about "tales in the world of Monkey Island" and not as much about tales about Monkey Island. The game deals with the adventures of Guybrush and Elaine while battling the evil Lechuck, but there is no guarantee we will return to the legendary island again this time around.

• Found it just a bit after posting that, but thanks anyway. : )

• I hope this is the right place to ask this... will Telltale be at Gamescom in Cologne? (It's pretty much the European version of E3.)

• @Haggis said: I hope this is the right place to ask this... will Telltale be at Gamescom in Cologne? (It's pretty much the European version of E3.)

... If this is the case, can someone grabs some MI buttons for me? :D:D:D

• 8 days left and I just wondered if there will be a demo before the release?

Add Comment