User Avatar Image

Are you getting the new Zelda?

posted by abdallah on - last edited - Viewed by 621 users

I definitely am. Ive even preordered it along with the Wii console, the first time Ive ever preordered a console or a game, apart from Sam and Max. Heres a cut out from one review

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is a very rare experience. It’s a game where all of the pieces seem to fall into place in just the way necessary to create so seamless, so addictive, so unique an experience that it just feels right from start to finish. Apart from the classic Zelda action, of which there is plenty—more than ever before—in the game, Twilight Princess introduces some truly innovative gameplay elements and improves upon existing ones with an uncommon level of polish and attention. The game is simply overflowing with creativity; with its brilliantly-designed dungeons, legendary boss battles, engaging storyline, and rich cast of characters, it easily surpasses nearly every other game in its genre.

That said, some people are concerned primarily about its contentious graphical presentation; the sometimes-blurry textures. Do they hurt the overall appearance of the game? Yes. Perhaps the most important question, however, is whether they hurt the game enough to place it below the status of other “ten out of ten” legendary games. Here, the answer is a resounding “no.” The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is one of the greatest videogames ever created. It isn’t perfect—no game can make that claim—however, Twilight Princess is head and shoulders above nearly every other game I have ever played. It’s indubitably better than Ocarina of Time. It blows away The Wind Waker. And it has a sense of personality and careful balance that instill the player with a serious drive to complete it—something that many other very long adventure games, such as Oblivion, lack.
This is the first game that I have ever awarded a 10 in my six years as a reviewer, and for good reason. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is one of the defining videogames of our time. It is unquestionably one of the finest games ever released, and it is one that any gamer should experience regardless of the circumstances.

zelda10.jpg

22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • We're always behind here. The PS3 won't be here until March, for crying out loud! MARCH!!!

--Erwin

• zelda reviews are starting to go up. Many of the wii games are getting good reviews so far. red steel not so much. many people will feel let down by that

• @Alucard said: red steel not so much.

Damn.

That's the one I was hoping would be a surprise omggoodtime.

• I got my Wii today... and i have to say it wasnt all hype. The system is fantastic, completely and totally fantastic. Im in love.. i think i might put a sam and max sticker on it so i can love it all the more :D.
    Ive been playing zelda all day and i absolutely love it. I am in awe of the game itself (a feeling not entirely dissimilar the the feeling i get whenever i play the excellent titles available here at telltale ;) ;) ) the evolution of hyrule is amazing.
    Well right now im in a bit of endorphin overload, maybe later ill come back and edit this to say more than it rocks and its awesome. But to be honest that is exactly how i feel right now

• Yes I am tempted to go out and buy it right away like I did with sam and max but I'll wait for a price drop on the wii. The price is already pretty low compared with the p$3 but give it 6 months and I can save 50 bucks. (plus by that time I'll have a chance to play through most of the games I've got waiting for me on m christmas list already (ffxII, disgaea II, xenosaga III, Suikoden V, the list goes on and on and on...)

plus coming in the spring there will be some new bundles

• 17 days, 7 hours and counting :p By the way I just tried it the other day at a gaming expo here, and now im completely convinced. The Zelda demo felt great as well.

• did you try the mario galaxy demo?
    thats the one I'm looking forward to

• No they didnt have it unfortunately. I did try Red Steel though and the controls are very bad. There are solutions but UBI didnt use them.

• If only I had some money I would be down like a shot to my local games store to preorder a Wii and Zelda (New Zealand gets Australia shpping dates and then some!). Unfortunately, that would require many more hours working at McD's than I think I can handle without throwing up or beating myself to death with a large stick. The DS Zelda looks pretty damn sweet though. And as a plus I won't have to fork over another handful of cash for a console to play it on. I wuv my large, first generation DS so. Yes I do.

• @SilverShark said: Play.com says March next year.

Computer says no

Add Comment