User Avatar Image

Questions for Dominic Armato!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 4.9K users

If you see a guy with the username "dmnkly" skulking around, it's probably Dominic Armato, (better known as) the voice of Guybrush Threepwood!

If you've got any questions for Dom or just want to say hello, drop 'em here!

Dom answers! Let's take a look...

[LIST]
[*]First round of answers! June 1st
[*]Second round of answers! June 2nd
[*]Third round of answers! June 2nd -- again!
[*]Fourth round of answers! June 3rd
[*]Fifth round of answers! June 4th
[*]Sixth round of answers! June 4th -- again!
[*]Seventh round of answers! June 5th
[/LIST]

I don't know when this will end, but that's a lot of answered questions so far! Check those to see if your question has already been answered!

690 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hey, just thought I'd jump in and ask a little question:
    What are you eating on the 4th of July? Since you're a chef I didn't know if you were just going to do the traditional hot dogs or steak or whatever.
    Yeah, stupid question, I know. But I had to ask something!!!
    Also, how tall do you think Guybrush is?

• Just stopping in to say Welcome Back!

Looking forward to hearing your excellent work on both projects.

• "I can't die, I've got a five-game contract with LucasArts!"
    - Guybrush Threepwood

Did you really believe in this line prior to the TMI announcement?

On a side note, I think of TMI as Monkey Island 6, seeing as that's the setting (set after an imaginary MI5) so I believe that Telltale/LucasArts will eventually make a "MI5" game. What do you think?

• Haven't TTG said many many times that this is MI5 and not MI6 already?

• yeah, it's placed after an imaginary adventure of Guybrush, this doesn't mean there has to be an actual game of this. (They shouldn't have called that adventure MI5, it's verry confusing :p)

• Maybe we, as fans, should do it. You know, just a little fan game. That would be cool! :D

• Hey Dom, just wanted to say it's super cool you're answering all these questions. I always thought it was awesome how you've always been willing to hang out with MI fans (I used to be a IRC #monkeyisland regular, but never used to say much!) I've recently been living under a rock, and only found out today about both TMI and the remake of MI1... totally best day ever!

My somewhat random questions for you: How long can VO recording sessions be before you start to get a sore voice or go raspy? Is there some kind of union standard? And speaking of funny voices, did you actually inhale helium for CMI or was that a digital effect?

• First of: thanks for answering every single question us fans throw at you. You're awesome!

Now for my question: Do you have any idea why Guybrush hates porcelain? What are your thoughts on porcelain?

• Hey Dom, nice of you to answer all the questions your screaming fans come up with ;)

Now for the questions: Which of the MI games, did you like best ? ANd what are your favorite line from any dialogue, from any of the MI games ? :)

• @meander said: And speaking of funny voices, did you actually inhale helium for CMI or was that a digital effect?

I'm pretty certain that was a digital effect. If you listen, the clips are all shorter as well - all they did was make it so that if Guybrush had inhaled helium, the clip would be sped up a couple of times.

Add Comment