User Avatar Image

Death in TMI?

posted by Scapetti on - last edited - Viewed by 170 users

Some people have started assuming that this game won't have the amount of darkness as MI2 and will be more like CMI in all it's cartooniness... BUT! After reading this argument, it just made me realise just how much death there IS in CMI.

Now I'm sure TMI isn't all cute and cuddly and will have a significant amount of death, just like all the previous Monkey Island games. But maybe Telltale should just reassure these people that doubt this, so I don't have to keep reading their false assumptions ;)

23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • That's cool. I don't see why we need to make too many assumptions right now - after all the first episode is almost here then we can find out for sure!

It's fun to imagine what the series may or may not be like and discuss our ideas, but as long as people remember that these are only predictions and not necessarily the truth then it's all good.

• Well, that "Some material may not be suitable for children" thing might mean something... i dunno.

• @Scrawffler said: after all the first episode is almost here then we can find out for sure!

Well... not necessarily in the first episode. I mean I don't expect death in every episode (although that would be pretty sweet) KILL OFF ELAINE! :cool:

Just saying, if there isn't something people want, in the first episode, don't assume it won't come later on!

• Well if they keep LeChuck the same as in previous games, which they said they did, then he will probably torture and murder mass amounts of people. It would be interesting if a main character, other than LeChuck, was killed. All the people who are killed are usually random people or villains.

• Thought this was a topic about actually being able to die which im against after COMI because of what Mort said apparently you can die in SOMI if you stay underwater with the idol for 10 minutes is that true?

Sorry back on topic
    I think it needs a fair amoutn gradually spread across the series or maybe all near the end but i dont think its really a neccessity of a monkey island game.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Well, I'd even say it's finally time to kill off LeChuck once and for all. That would be the shocker. He can't be the villain forever! :D

• ^Aww... But a part of me REALLY likes LeChuck...Maybe there's a way for the story to get to closure without killing LeChuck?

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

If you like death, how would you like if Guybrush died if you made a wrong move, as in some Sierra games back then? :D

• @DjNDB said: If you like death, how would you like if Guybrush died if you made a wrong move, as in some Sierra games back then? :D

*shudder*

that's the main thing that puts me off most Sierra adventures - took me ages to get through Police Quest 1 because I didn't know proper police procedure (like having to walk around your car before you get in it everytime - if you don't it's game over).

• The deaths in Space Quest were comic gold though, mostly thanks to the narrator rubbing it in. "Thanks for playing Space Quest. As usual, you've been a real pile."

Anyway, this is rated E for Everyone. There's your answer.

Add Comment