User Avatar Image

Q&A With the Team

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 9.6K users

Welcome to the secret forum! As a thank you for pre-ordering, we've created this little backstage area where you can hang out with the development team, keep an eye on the development of Tales of Monkey Island, and hopefully get your hands on things before we go wide with them to the public.

First off, though, let's start a Q&A thread!

Any questions you've got for the development team, ask 'em here!
We'll try to dogpile this thread with high quality facts and higher quality lies conversation!

1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Lena_P said: Selfish question, but what is going to happen to this forum after the release date? It's not gonna up and disappear on us, is it? I like visiting this happy forum as opposed to the other forum where people are not so happy.

It would be a damn shame if this forum were closed, or even deleted from the database, after the release of the fifth episode. There is too much awesome stuff in here. Who knows, maybe the Private Pirates Forum will become the Public Pirates Forum after the series has run its course.

• The posts won't go anywhere. I don't know the exact fate of the forum, but its contents will continue to exist. There's some good stuff in here!

• I think I've read it somewhere that the forum will at least be open until the end of the series run. after that I don't know.

• @nadir said: I don't miss the verbs. I don't need the option to talk to a sword or walk to the sun or open rock. Telltales implementation is a more effecient use of screen space and saves the writers having to imagine all the stupid things I might do, and write responses for them, and it saves me having to try all the stupid actions to see if they wrote anything. Sure a few of the jokes were funny, but funny jokes isn't something Monkey Island is short on, so it doesn't matter.

I dont know there were some pretty funny jokes added for when you tried some werid combo, I loved some of them jokes, but I'm just glad they are making more MI games in any case, and hope this is the start of a whole new load of MI games, with or without verbs:D

• Can someone tell me what time I will be able to download the game, I'm from the UK and want to download it as soon as poss, but I dont want to be waiting around all day wondering when it will be there. At least if I know it want be ready until 5pm on the 7th I wont be trying to download it all day refreshing the page all the time.

• @corruptbiggins said: I think I've read it somewhere that the forum will at least be open until the end of the series run. after that I don't know.

I'd hazard a guess that the forum will be locked so you can't post anymore, but they'll leave it around and maybe open it up to the public. At least that's how such things usually go...

np: Ramadanman - Carla (Soul Jazz Records Singles 2008-2009 (Disc 1))

• Any idea if Tales of Monkey Island (and other Telltale Games) will show up on Impulse? http://www.impulsedriven.com/

Personally prefer to have my games on one or two platforms, and so far Impulse has been the best for me (I also use Steam). They also allow people to register games on Impulse even when the buyer didn't buy the game on Impulse (provided that the developer allows it, of course).

Some companies are now starting to exclusively release their games on their website, and I'm not very happy about that cause eventually I'll end up with my digital games scattered across many websites. I like things simple. :)

• Darn, just realized that my July 7th in New Zealand is gonna be effectively the day before yours - more waiting! Any chance of staggered worldwide release? If you bring it out on the 7th here, I can give you last minute feedback before everyone else gets their hands on it :)

• Not a question, but something to help boost your morale ever so slightly, with the pressure of the deadline and monkey-hating towards you :D

After seeing the trailer with some random scenes and LeChuck saying "Geekwood" *cringe*, I started to lose some faith in this episodic project, but being a fan I pre-ordered. I was afraid all the humor would just fall flat by trying too much.

Now I've just watched the new gameplay video you just released, and I was filled with joy! :D The new voice actor for LeChuck is a lot better than I thought he was. The animations look great and are a vast improvement over your previous games. The voice actors... Love the voice actors, especially Elaine. I laughed when I saw the 'I made fizzy rootbeer' dialogue option, as it seemed so random.

Love the art and stuff, but is LeChuck sailing around in a bright white ship? That doesn't seem very evil.

Other than that I'm looking forward to the 7th!

• @corruptbiggins said: All I want to be able to do is look at an item (and get an amusing description) then use the item in the most appropriate way.

In the Sam and Max games, you could always right click on an item in your inventory to get Sam to give a description of it. It's equivalent to "look" if the default behaviour (before the item is in your inventory) is to pick it up.

Not sure if ToMI will have this or not, why not wait a few more days and see? :)

Add Comment