User Avatar Image

Season 2?

posted by Homestarlover on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

For all of you who are already enjoying this season of Wallace and Gromit, how would you feel about having another four episodes for next year or 2011? Write suggestions on what you would like to see included in the sequel, and do you think it'll be a hit.

49 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'd like to see some other games coming out of Telltale before another season of W&G. I'm still hoping they can get the license to make an episodic Space Quest.

  • @Buzby said:
    The vibes I get (don't ask me how) are the there will be no more W&G - but I'd be really happy to be told I'm wrong. Looking at the Monkey Island demo, I can see this appealing to a much larger user base (although it leaves me cold!), strangely. So if TT want to give us a heads up, I'd appreciate knowing if the kids will once again get to mosey on down West Wallaby Street in the future!



    Based on the activity on the forums, I doubt that the series was a sizzling success - there are less posts here as the season is running than in the Sam and Max forums where the last game was released 1 year ago. Not to mention the ToMI forums, certainly.

    I'm very sorry if this is the case, as the Wallace & Gromit series is a collection of excellent games - and I'm also a bit perplexed, as the IP is a very popular one, Telltale is very popular with adventure gamers - so what could have gone wrong?

  • I don't think you can judge success by the number of posts in the related forums. I feel that Wallace & Gromit would attract a different market to Monkey Island and Sam & Max, a market that don't browse on internet forums much - don't forget that there is the XBLA market as well.

    I personally feel that you are always going to get more posts on forums for Monkey Island and Sam & Max because they're iconic series (be it games or comics or whatever) that would generally have more of a following on the internet than Wallace & Gromit (and Aardman in general).

  • @corruptbiggins said: I don't think you can judge success by the number of posts in the related forums. I feel that Wallace & Gromit would attract a different market to Monkey Island and Sam & Max, a market that don't browse on internet forums much - don't forget that there is the XBLA market as well.

    I personally feel that you are always going to get more posts on forums for Monkey Island and Sam & Max because they're iconic series (be it games or comics or whatever) that would generally have more of a following on the internet than Wallace & Gromit (and Aardman in general).



    Sure, there's no formula to calculate one from the other, but we're talking about magnitudes here. But, I hope you're right ;)

  • If the The Bogey Man raps up nicely, I'd love another season.
    But for the record, I'd rather a second SBCG4AP season.

  • @corruptbiggins said: I don't think you can judge success by the number of posts in the related forums. I feel that Wallace & Gromit would attract a different market to Monkey Island and Sam & Max, a market that don't browse on internet forums much - don't forget that there is the XBLA market as well.

    I personally feel that you are always going to get more posts on forums for Monkey Island and Sam & Max because they're iconic series (be it games or comics or whatever) that would generally have more of a following on the internet than Wallace & Gromit (and Aardman in general).



    http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=3999
    Wallace & Gromit Ep1
    3,666 $10.00 $36,663.00 3,666 $36,663

    In 2 weeks of sales:

    http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=4154

    Sam & Max Save The World
    6,240 $20.00 $124,800.00 6,240 $124,800

    I think Wallace & Gromit might do better at retail where parents might get the game for their kids, but it looks like W&G hasn't been a huge success on XBLA.. I think Sam & Max is pushing 10, 000 in sales now too

  • @Hero1 said: http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=3999
    Wallace & Gromit Ep1
    3,666 $10.00 $36,663.00 3,666 $36,663

    In 2 weeks of sales:

    http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=4154

    Sam & Max Save The World
    6,240 $20.00 $124,800.00 6,240 $124,800

    I think Wallace & Gromit might do better at retail where parents might get the game for their kids, but it looks like W&G hasn't been a huge success on XBLA.. I think Sam & Max is pushing 10, 000 in sales now too



    I assume W&G made its money like it should but I had the same feeling from the number of posts that it is not a smashing success. Look at the number of posts for StrongBad (I never really liked the setting in fact I hate the flash cartoon and stopped playing in the middle of ep1 due to the setting) and look at the number of posts regarding W&G and you get a similar picture. Not quite the same as Bone, but not as successful as the other series. I still do not know why, maybe at least on the PC side it really was the control scheme which has put off to many players, but that one should not reflect the console numbers. I personally like W&G and the games are brilliant, so I am not sure why.

  • @werpu said: I assume W&G made its money like it should but I had the same feeling from the number of posts that it is not a smashing success. Look at the number of posts for StrongBad (I never really liked the setting in fact I hate the flash cartoon and stopped playing in the middle of ep1 due to the setting) and look at the number of posts regarding W&G and you get a similar picture. Not quite the same as Bone, but not as successful as the other series. I still do not know why, maybe at least on the PC side it really was the control scheme which has put off to many players, but that one should not reflect the console numbers. I personally like W&G and the games are brilliant, so I am not sure why.



    My theory is that the usual Xbox gamer are the wrong demographic for this genre. Xbox has a reputation for being an FPS console, so they will draw that crowd.

    As a sidenote, S&M season one DVD has sold about 80k on the Wii (according to vgchartz).

  • telltale did an excellent job capturing the feel of the Wallace and Gromit films. but lets face it, the style of understated humor they use can be hard for some people to "get" making it a bit of a harder sell then sbcg4ap or Sam and Max's over the top humor and situations.

    I've enjoyed the W&G games, but not holding out to hard for a second season.

  • I was never a fan of Wallace & Gromit until these games came out & they have made me a believer. I really enjoyed playing the first game & Watching the LPs of the others (I don't play computer games you see & I am waiting rather impatiently for The Last Resort on the 360... hopefully it comes out today). As to the very few people on here who are saying that they should change the characters up.... I think that would be a major mistake for several reasons. For example, the longer the characters are there, the more that they tend to grow on you. Personally I love every character & I feel that the game series would be ruined without Ms. Flitt & The Major (imagine Sam & Max without Sybil & Bosco.... it just wouldn't work). Also, I think having there own cast of characters adds a certain uniqueness to the games. I hope & pray to god there is a season 2..... I know I will get every episode if there is.

Add Comment