User Avatar Image

Stuff I have laying around

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 4.6K users

I made this wallpaper for my work PC yesterday. If anyone wants it, it's yours!

437 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Wolfstar27 said: you do know that theres a New Simon the Sorcerer game coming out this year dont you?

Yeah, and I hear it has to do with aliens; which isn't automatically terrible but has a bad history.

I'm also not a fan of the art style; I think it's quite telling how mixing 3d and 2d doesn't always work.

I really hope I can find a demo of it though so I can see for sure whether it's a worthwhile experience; if not, I'll hope a better studio can acquire the rights. BUT I am withholding judgment for now. :) It's kind of ironic as it's the fifth Simon the Sorcerer game and reviews have said it improves greatly upon the fourth Simon the Sorcerer game, which is said to be the worst of the franchise. The similarities to Monkey Island in this case are quite interesting.

We'll see if it can bring the franchise back around.

• @Lena_P said: Please, don't mention Sega around me. It's ... it's still too soon. *sniff*

Sonic the Hedgehog has been dead for a long time now. Sega may still release a game from time to time, but it only further tarnishes the franchise. In my eyes, the series peaked with Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles, and only went downhill from there.

PS. I named my cat after Sonic the Hedgehog (RIP, 1994-2009).

EDIT: I just realized how off-topic this is. Look behind you, a three headed monkey! *runs away*

• @mhaley said: Sonic the Hedgehog has been dead for a long time now. Sega may still release a game from time to time, but it only further tarnishes the franchise. In my eyes, the series peaked with Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles, and only went downhill from there.

PS. I named my cat after Sonic the Hedgehog (RIP, 1994-2009).

EDIT: I just realized how off-topic this is. Look behind you, a three headed monkey! *runs away*

I think that Lucas-art could have ruin Monkey Island the way Sega did with sonic. Since Monkey island were their most popular franchise and because adventure became less popular, they could have changed it to an action adventure or even a first-person shooter (just kidding). But they didn’t, they just left it as it is and told us that is going to make one again after adventures became popular again. Unlike Sega that just release crappy Sonic games.

• @mhaley said: PS. I named my cat after Sonic the Hedgehog (RIP, 1994-2009).

I did too! he used to go nuts chasing Sonic all over the screen :)

• I just bought the game limited thingy (last moment!), and wanted to check "private pirate" forum. THNX FOR THE BACKGROUND!

• @larys said: I think that Lucas-art could have ruin Monkey Island the way Sega did with sonic. Since Monkey island were their most popular franchise and because adventure became less popular, they could have changed it to an action adventure or even a first-person shooter (just kidding). But they didn’t, they just left it as it is and told us that is going to make one again after adventures became popular again. Unlike Sega that just release crappy Sonic games.

Well Sega didn't have a convinient Star Wars franchise to milk for money instead like LucasArts did. They had to milk something and Sonic was the most promising franchise. Atleast they proved they can still make something decent if they try (Valkyria Chronicles) so it all comes down to them putting money into proper development and letting Sonic rest in peace.

• 22 pages of pure greatness.

Only moments before I can finally play this game.

• @lotr-sam0711 said: Shiny, I was looking for a new wallpaper.

Do people actually say 'shiny' in real life? I thought that was only on Firefly.. :p

@lotr-sam0711 said: they could have changed it to an action adventure or even a first-person shooter (just kidding). But they didn’t, they just left it as it is and told us that is going to make one again after adventures became popular again.

I have to agree with you, there was a period there where I was in constant fear of a MI action-adventure game being announced (ala Infernal Machine). But I guess LucasArts must have realised that they had already tormented adventure gamers enough...

• @JFrosty said: 22 pages of pure greatness.

Only moments before I can finally play this game.

It's like July is Monkey Island Christmas :)

• What about the buttons, any more word on those?

Add Comment