User Avatar Image

Reporting Bugs

posted by Nacholabs on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

Hi. Haven't finished Chapter One yet, but I did find some minor bugs [minor spoiler alert]:

[LIST]
[*]Apparently, the dialogs' charset doesnt support all tildes/accents. If you read across all books in voodoo lady's bookshelf, you can see a big square where an accent should go, in the book about El Pollo Diablo (which is in spanish).
[*]When skipping dialogs some weird things happen: sometimes the subtitle ends but the voice not. This happened while talking to the voodoo lady; the dialogs overlapped and voodoo lady talked to lines at the same time, for a few seconds.
[*]After you escape from deSing, he won't let you get near his door. What would happen if I hadn't picked up the flowers? Are they reachable?
[*]"errorundefined" popup in launcher, twice: the first, as soon as it opens, the second after it logs in.
[/LIST]
Those are the ones I observed, and really are quite insignificant.
Congratulations for the game, and thank you so much! It's awesome. I laughed my ass off. I love you.

42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think the hint system may be a tiny bit wonky. I had it turned down all the way, but suddenly Guybrush was giving me hints during the weathervane/idol puzzle, hints I certainly didn't ask for.

• @Nacholabs said:
    [*]After you escape from deSing, he won't let you get near his door. What would happen if I hadn't picked up the flowers? Are they reachable?

He won't let you near his door after you reach the hidden door in the jungle, and you can't do that unless you have the flowers, so I think it's a non-issue.

• Possible bug, with spoilers. I tried to use the unbreakable bottle with the bottle breaker, and the pirate caught me. Nevertheless, Guybrush suddenly had the bottle breaker with the bottle in it, although his hand stopped him from breaking it. During the scene, the breaker was both in his hands and on the table. Afterwards, I checked my inventory, and the bottle breaker wasn't in it. Very, very odd...

I still love feel of the game, and its great to have Guybrush back again.

• At one point Guybrush lost use of his kness and was gliding across the ground rather than walking. Only lasted for about 15 seconds though.

• @LordKinbote said: He won't let you near his door after you reach the hidden door in the jungle, and you can't do that unless you have the flowers, so I think it's a non-issue.

Nope, i'm pretty much sure he gets up the balcony after you flee from his workshop.

• Here is another bug: The controller support (f.e. Xbox360) is broken, hotspot selection isn't working anymore and the mouse steering option has zigzag issues.

• I thought the flowers fell off the moment you approached the door? As for the bottle breaker, I also had that bug, and i used it again after fixing the hand and it worked! of course you still need to get the breaker for later puzzles. There was also a very minor mapping bug in the jungle (I cant remember where) and the ground would "slot" onto itself, once on the sand and another time in the bushy stuff on the ground. I'll maybe screen cap and post later, if i can be bothered, as it is very minor. Still a GREAT game!

• Spoilers ... Examining the weather wane while being threatened by DeSinge at the broken idol results in some weird stuff.

Add Comment