User Avatar Image

In jokes and references to past episodes etc (will contain spoilers)

posted by jp-30 on - last edited - Viewed by 448 users

Chuck the Plant!

Shrine to Ron Gilbert in the Voodoo Shack.

Guybrush's Wallace-style excited hand-wave animation when he used the cheese. Priceless.

"I'm selling these fine leather jackets"

The Indy Jones quip when looking at the inscribed pillars.

A few skulls are referenced "Murray?"

What did you find / notice...?

108 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • "That's the 6th or 7th largest printing press I've ever seen."

• @flipperthepriest said: At the very start he begins to say "you fight like a c..." and gets cut off. The ingredients sheet also has "ultimate insult" written on it. I thought there were some more, but I honestly can't remember them through all the awesome.

The others were 'a voodoo doll' (the goal of Monkey Island 2, in a way) and 'the midas diamond' (a reference to the goal of Monkey Island 3). :p

Oh, another reference - when you pick up the cheese wheel, Guybrush makes a quip about hungry rats (you use cheese to trap a rat in MI2).

Anything else? Hm...can't really remember...there was the porcelain phobia, and...uh...

• When talking to the treasure hunting guy, he says he got his map from a guy in a jacket, waving his arms around...
    Sounds an awful lot like Stan :)

• Elaine uses the word "scumm" - written with two "m" in the subtitles :)

One of the books in Lady Vaudoo's bookshelf in about Monkey Robot Maintenance.

Guybrush wants to call Joaquin D'Oro (the treasure hunter / action figure collector) D'Oro the Explorer (Dora the explorer...)

Various references to Indy : "the stuff that dreams are made of", "X marks the spot", etc...

The Ninja action figure is a reference to the classic Internet meme "Pirates vs Ninjas" (and also a reference to GI Joe, I guess)

• The name of the pirate hunter, "Morgan Le Flay", is a double-reference, LOL...
    I also loved the last words written on the poster at the courthouse: "...or else."
    Some stuff lying around at the beach. You can't click at it, but there were eyeballs, a syringe, a paddle...
    I'm pretty sure there will be more.

• @Marzhin said:
    Various references to Indy : "the stuff that dreams are made of"

That's the final line of The Maltese Falcon - I'm not sure if Indy ever said it, though.

• There were HEAPS of in joke references.

I thought they did an awesome job at it.

The "and your little dog too" (but he says hand in this game) is another reference.

• @Planeforger said: That's the final line of The Maltese Falcon - I'm not sure if Indy ever said it, though.

I believe it is a variation of a line from Shakespeare in the first place :

We are such stuff as dreams are made on; and our little life is rounded with a sleep.
    (The Tempest Act 4, scene 1)

Indy DID say it... in Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis :D Seeing the item which prompted the line, though, it was obviously a reference to the Maltese Falcon.

48859859.gif

• "Something about this shack shivers me timbers."

• Oh yes, the Voodoo Lady also had a vision about 'the skull'.
    ...which could be a reference to the greatest RPG ever, but there are more likely options. :p

Add Comment