User Avatar Image

Facinating !!

posted by Amazonnia on - last edited - Viewed by 295 users

Wow, the game started and some people found a few items and are stuck ??
Should maybe spend more time looking around and trying things :) Me think first chapter will last a few days for some people. :( it's not a race .. enjoy it!

Oh well, it's just an opinion

8 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Seems people didn't have the patience as we did back in the ol' days.(Gosh that makes me sound old..I'm not! Honest!)

But I always get frustrated with a good point'n'click nowadays, knowing if I didn't have the internet at my fingertips I'd be perfectly fine. But alas, answers are just a click away now.

• Well I remember in my days, this guy use to play all these games but never took the time to enjoy them. He always had the solution printed out and guided his game as he was reading (games lasted 2 days).

And no, people don't have the patience.

• I agree with you. I'm not going to ruin the game for myself as soon as I get stuck.

• Everyone just wants to enjoy the game.

It's just some people know when they're stuck and they're not going to get it. Would you rather they be frustrated for days and then somehow stumble upon it only to realize their enthusiasm for the game was dramatically cut down?

It's not that people are trying to get done first. They want to enjoy the Monkey Island experience. I would argue that someone who faces less frustration and more payoffs can enjoy a game equally as much as someone who painfully stumbled their way through every puzzle. Either way, you enjoy the game the way you want to and that person enjoys it the way he wants to and then you can all talk about it at the water cooler when it's over.

• Has anyone tried using the hint system yet? I was wondering how it works (Guybrush makes cryptic comments, things get glowy or what?)

• @Lena_P said: Has anyone tried using the hint system yet? I was wondering how it works (Guybrush makes cryptic comments, things get glowy or what?)

I used it in Sam & Max and am going to assume it works the same way. Basically the characters will say something 'clue-y' to get you in the right direction.

• @Lena_P said: Has anyone tried using the hint system yet? I was wondering how it works (Guybrush makes cryptic comments, things get glowy or what?)

most of the time it is way to cryptic (like it is in sam & max). when you have to activate the 4th idol guybrush just keeps on saying "ARRRGH!". drove me nuts. took me half an hour to solve, but i guess that is what an old-skool adventurer is looking for.

• It is a LOT more satisfying to find the solution to a puzzle yourself, than to just do what somebody else told you to do. I've only looked up the solution to a puzzle twice in my adventure-gaming life (that I can remember) and I regret both times.

Add Comment