User Avatar Image

Chapter 1 (share your toughts)

posted by Amazonnia on - last edited - Viewed by 259 users

Well, I finally came to the end of chapter 1.

Clues I got stuck on:

-Cheese eye print (after 2h, I used the hints in this forum)
-Cloth line (it never accured to me to click on the cloth line without using the wheel, used the hints as well).

Was I too fast or was the clues easier than the other MI's?
Very enjoyable but I hope the others will have more of a challenge. :D

Your imput ?

36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • whats the point in having the game being harder if you just go look up for hints?

as for myself I spend about 3 hours on this game and didn't use any hints. The games difficulty was quite fair though I hope for harder puzzles.

I did get stuck at the ancient gate... but after a GH4 session it cleared my mind enough so when I got back I did get by it fairly easy.

• Grats Bageren!! When you say you cleared your mind, were you high or were you using a monkey type yoga stance?

By the way, I didn't JUST go and look up for hints.... anyways!

• I thought the first chapter was fairly easy. I only got stuck when it came to the clothes line. I couldn't figure out how to keep the panties near him so it would blow him up and not me.

I feel kinda lame now. I've been waiting forever for this game and I beat the first part in a few hours. Now I have to wait another month for the next part. This "cutting the game into chapters that we release each month" thing is nonsense!

• @Amazonnia said: Well, I finally came to the end of chapter 1.

Clues I got stuck on:

-Cheese eye print (after 2h, I used the hints in this forum)
    -Cloth line (it never accured to me to click on the cloth line without using the wheel, used the hints as well).

Was I too fast or was the clues easier than the other MI's?
    Very enjoyable but I hope the others will have more of a challenge. :D

Your imput ?

The reason why I knew about the cloth line was because I remembered seeing it on a demonstration on the game from a while back. Not by cheating. :P

• The ancient door was hard for me. I never noticed the parrot.

But the game was great. :D

• I also needed a couple of hours to finish the game and it was awesome!

Maybe, i'd like to see some greater challenges when it comes to solving puzzles.

I found myself at times wanting to get stuck, just to play a little longer.

For me, it felt a little short maybe 'cause i had lots of fun playing it.

• Grats Bageren!! When you say you cleared your mind, were you high or were you using a monkey type yoga stance?

haha, well you know when you're stuck and you feel like you've done everything twice, it always helps putting the game aside for a few moments and then come back with a clear head :) (head-b-clear = GH for me :) )

• @Amazonnia said: Clues I got stuck on:

-Cheese eye print
    -Cloth line

Ditto. At one point, I thought maybe I should use the bird's feet to make the proper "eyes" on the cheese. But the bird was already gone...:)

But, perseverance (and 3 beer-drinking guys' combined intellect) paid off in the end!

Great episode, had me scratching my head viciously on occasion, and I can't wait for the next one!

Who do you think the sword-wielding female at the end is, guys? An appearance by the Sword Master of Melee Island, maybe, or is that too obvious?:)

• I also did it in 2-3 hours. I got stuck in the part of the clothes, and in the last part; couldn't figure how to put the hand in the tar.
    I enjoyed it, but harder puzzles would be nice! :) The game would last longer.

And I also thought in the first place that the woman in the end can be Carla the Sword Master, but I don't know.
    I now realized that she can be Kate Capsize, who wants revenge for being put into prison :D

• I was pretty stuck with the clothes too, even trying to use the killa katana at one point in hope to break those frilly underpants. Silly when I kinda think of it. It was pretty smooth-sailing for me from then on, 'cept that I was thinking too much about finding the missing axle on the messed-up idol. :P

I lurve The Marquis De Singe laboratory puzzle/scene. It's simple, yet elegant. Reminded me somewhat of Grim Fandango too. Wished the hand puzzle could be a little bit more sophisticated though.

The challenging of the game is probably a bit 'meh', but I never associated hard puzzle with MI. Nice lines and plenty of laughs, that was what I was looking for. And man! The first chapter sure didn't disappoint.

Add Comment