User Avatar Image

TOMI: menu screens are fine, game is laggy

posted by anglerush on - last edited - Viewed by 918 users

I'm not sure what the problem is. I have the game set to the lowest quality, and the menu screens are running perfectly fine, but when the game starts, the framerate drops to about five to nine frames per second.

I've shut down all other programs while playing, that hasn't helped. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it. That hasn't helped.

The Sam and Max games worked fine for me. So have SBCG4AP and the first two parts of W&G.

Muzzled gave me the exact same problem when I was playing it. It would go from fine to laggy and back to fine. I just downloaded it again an hour ago, and now it's running smoothly.

Can someone tell me what's going on?

23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It may be that your computer is having trouble keeping up with our advance of technology. Do you know what your system specs are? If not:

Go to your Start menu and click on Run.
    Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.
    Then go to the Display tab
    While here, the useful things for us:
    Name:
    Current Display Mode:
    Main Driver:
    Version:
    Date:
    Also, what is your operating system?

• Name: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family

Current Display Mode: 1024 x 738 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Main Driver: igdumd32.dll

Version: 7.14.0010.1147 (English)

Date: 12/12/2006 10:50:10 AM

• Your best bet is to try updating your driver. The Intel video cards are pretty darn weak I'm afraid, so you might not be able to get much out of it, but it's worth a shot. http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=2301〈=eng

• I'm having the same: after flash menu I have to wait for a looong time (about 5 minutes), then I get black screen. After another while skull and crossbones screen appears. Some time after it I can start playing, but the game is so laggy, that it's almost impossible to play even with lowest settings (640x480, 1).
    Wallace and Gromit demo worked just fine for me. Even Vampyre Story with higher specs required was playable.
    My specs:
    Name: Mobile Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family
    Current Display Mode: 1024 x 738 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Main Driver: igxpmp.dll
    Version: 6.14.0010.4764 (English) [Intel page says it's current]
    Date: 2007-01-13 12:33:00
    Is there any way to do something with my poor computer that I can play ToMI and enjoy it?

• The update won't work for some reason. I get a error screen that says that the driver installed is not validated for my computer.

Now my game is crashing after the title credits.

• I guess you cannot install the old driver again?

Try going to the Computer manufacturer website and try get the driver from here.

• @GinnyN said: I guess you cannot install the old driver again?

Try going to the Computer manufacturer website and try get the driver from here.

How do I find the computer manufacturer website?

• You know, if your computer is a Dell, go to Dell's Website. Mine is HP, so I go to HP website...

(Sorry, I'm latin american and I can't find a better way to express it... My poor english knowledge!)

• downloaded the newest video driver, it didn't fix anything. :(

I'll head down to Best Buy tomorrow. Get my compy a bigger hard drive and better video card.

• I suppose is stupid to ask that now, but, Have you check the minimum specs? My trouble was the processor, everything else I have it in "recomended"

Add Comment