User Avatar Image

Will S&M Season 3 use the ToMI Engine?

posted by DjNDB on - last edited - Viewed by 346 users

I was just wondering if Sam&Max will get the new cinematic ToMI look and controls, or if it will stay the same as previous seasons?

I would be fine with either of them, because i found the ToMI mouse controls absolutely usable.

46 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @DjNDB said: I was just wondering if Sam&Max will get the new cinematic ToMI look and controls, or if it will stay the same as previous seasons?

I would be fine with either of them, because i found the ToMI mouse controls absolutely usable.

i would love to see them do this. Season 1 and 2 are pretty much identical and telltale has evolved since then so it would be nice to see them start from scratch and give sam and max a makeover.

• I would imagine so because it's just the one engine they use (the Telltale Tool) for all their games, just with improvements & modifications with each passing series.

• I think S&M Season Three is going to be much better engine-wise since Season Two. There have been not one, not two, but three changes to the engine in the time to make season three. Not to mention the upgrade from TOMI to S&M! The game will probably be the best looking telltale game yet.

• ToMI is uses an updated version of the same engine as Sam & Max. S&M season 3 will surely incorporate all of those improvements and a few new ones. This has nothing to do with the controls though as engine and controls are unrelated.

• I'll be okay as long as the ToMI mouse controls -aren't- ported over. I'd much rather click on the ground to tell Sam where to walk.

• @xbskid said: I'll be okay as long as the ToMI mouse controls -aren't- ported over. I'd much rather click on the ground to tell Sam where to walk.

That, and I like the inventory to pop up by bumping the edge of the screen. If this irks some people, it could be a player preference. I also like how the inventory goes away as oppose to clutter half the screen, possibly while you're interacting with the environment.

• I'd like to see the same controls as Seasons 1 & 2, and the inventory box on the bottom. (Though, I would like to be able to click E to open the inventory. (I kept trying to do it in ToMI.))

• It won't be using point and click. I read it somewhere. There's a topic about it, I think.

• @NickClick2 said: I'd like to see the same controls as Seasons 1 & 2, and the inventory box on the bottom. (Though, I would like to be able to click E to open the inventory. (I kept trying to do it in ToMI.))

'I' opens inventory in ToMI. Would love to see the Tales controls in season3, thought they worked really well way beyond expectations. Been replaying S&M and keep wanting to use keyboard for some reason =p after all these years as a die hard point+click fan im converted! Would like to see and updated inventory as I found i kept on accidentally clicking the brown box walking about (not that this will be a problem with Tomi controls). Cant wait for season 3, and looking forward to some lush, tomi style camera angles :)

• @tmsmyth4 said: Been replaying S&M and keep wanting to use keyboard for some reason =p after all these years as a die hard point+click fan im converted!

Exactly this.

Add Comment