User Avatar Image

curious about the sales numbers.

posted by Irishmile on - last edited - Viewed by 402 users

Can TTG let us know what the Pre-sale numbers are?

How is it doing? Also when its released can we know how well it did? compared to other games...

Just sort of curious... I hope LA releases the same info for the SoMI SE.

I hope both games make a bunch of money because I want as many MI games as I can get.

49 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Irishmile said: I do not see why not... plenty of other companies do.

To shareholders if they're publicly listed. Telltale is not publicly funded.

Here's something that may interest you though:

http://www.telltalegames.com/company/pressreleases/id-83

• @werpu said:
    I fear however Wallace and Grommit not really is which is a shame

Wallace & Gromit: Fright of the Bumblebees, the first part of the episodic series by TellTale Games, was released in the final week of the month. This is Telltale’s first foray onto the Xbox 360 for episodic content, after having decent success with their Strongbad titles on WiiWare.

As of the 13th of June Wallace & Gromit #1 has garnered around 12,000 people on the Leaderboards – far less than the debut episode of the Penny Arcade game, which was twice as expensive. Realistically, the first episode of any series will sell more than each consecutive episode due to waning interest, and with no option to buy all episodes for a slightly discounted price, Wallace & Gromit is unlikely to do huge numbers on the Xbox Live Arcade.

Hopefully, the release of the two Sam & Max Seasons for Xbox Live Arcade will help Telltale sell more Wallace & Gromit in the long run. When all 4 Wallace & Gromit episodes are released, we’ll be able to get a good perspective for the effectiveness of episodic content on the platform.

Source: http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=24144

Sam and Max debuted at no. 5 on the Xbox Live Arcade charts in its first week, so that was a good sign, especially since it was competing with games a lot less expensive.

• I think the Sam & Max games are a good introduction to Telltale's catalog. They are also some of their best.

I bet doing a Monkey Island title is getting them a lot more attention, though.

• @Irishmile said: I do not see why not... plenty of other companies do.

If they overplay the figures, then other companies might get the franchise(!) LucasArts is still LucasArts after all, they're still a money-orientated company over quality-of-product ;)

• Well Lucasarts will know the numbers no matter what... because they will be taking their share of the profits... I wonder how that will be split, I wonder how much of the pie LA gets and TTG gets.

• So uh..... seems to be going well.

Gotta be kind of nice for all the Lucasarts veterans on the TTG team to be able to tell Lucasarts "told you so!!"

Monkey Island, and adventure games are not a waste of time and effort after all.

• @Irishmile said: Gotta be kind of nice for all the Lucasarts veterans on the TTG team to be able to tell Lucasarts "told you so!!"

It's even nicer to see Telltale and LEC with such an apparently good relationship!

• @Irishmile said: Gotta be kind of nice for all the Lucasarts veterans on the TTG team to be able to tell Lucasarts "told you so!!"

I think they've kind of been doing that this whole time if you know their history and how they formed...

But it's good that LucasArts has now been forced to acknowledge their success here. I just wish the LA greats weren't split up over so many companies... Autumn Moon, Double Fine, Hothead, Crackpot, Telltale... if only they were under one roof again.

• @Udvarnoky said: It's even nicer to see Telltale and LEC with such an apparently good relationship!

Seeing the Telltale and LucasArts logo together was fantastic.. I remember the excitement I had when I would see the LucasArts logo back in the day... It's back :)

• @Frogacuda said: I think they've kind of been doing that this whole time if you know their history and how they formed...

But it's good that LucasArts has now been forced to acknowledge their success here. I just wish the LA greats weren't split up over so many companies... Autumn Moon, Double Fine, Hothead, Crackpot, Telltale... if only they were under one roof again.

Beg to differ. I think having these 'greats' establishing their own companies is the best thing to ever happen to adventure gamings. No more behemoth which care solely about raking in more money. Just designers and story-tellers who like to share their visions with gaming folks like us.

Besides, with more company, who knows? There might be more greats for the next generation too.

Add Comment