User Avatar Image

Consolidated "Adventure Games We'd Like to See" thread

posted by Marduk on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

Threads suggesting adventure games we'd like to see TellTale work on are no new thing to the TTG forums but I thought it might be a good idea if we had the one list of titles rather that dozens of threads that have scrolled away. Every few days or so I'll even update the thread with suggestions from those who've replied.

So far they're mostly old Adventure games nostalgic fans would like to see innovated but there are also TV shows, books and movies in there, too.

I might make a poll on this, depending on responses.

I'll begin by CP'ing lists from other such threads' (FYI, I've omitted 'ideas' that TTG should continue various series' they've already began);

[LIST]
[*]Rex the Runt Adventures
[*]Day of the Tentacle
[*]Myst
[*]Indiana Jones
[*]Simon the Sorcerer
[*]The Simpsons
[*]Doctor Who
[*]Gabriel Knight series (I don't know if this is an existing game franchise or a TV series or what).
[*]Pushing Daisies (ig0rpwnwEd; I LOVE YOU!)
[*]Maniac mansion
[*]Grim Fandango
[*]Space Quest
[*]Futurama
[*]Red Dwarf
[*]The Dig
[*]Full Throttle
[*]MacGyver
[*]Family Guy
[*]Doctor Who
[*]King's Quest
[*]Police Quest
[*]Quest For Glory
[*]Loom
[*]Calvin and Hobbes
[*]Star Trek
[*]The Mighty Boosh
[*]Get Smart
[*]'An H.P. Lovecraft based game'
[*]Garfield
[*]Barney Google (Somebody might want to enlighten me, here)
[*]The Boondocks (and here)
[*]Discworld (Yes, yes; oh please god yes!)
[*]Monk
[*]Psych
[*]Laura Bow (and also here)
[*]Simon the Sorceror
[*]A Nuklear Power RPG (?)
[*]Sanford and Son (I've heard of this but never actually seen it)
[*]Leisure Suit Larry
[*]The Neverhood
[*]The Feeble Files
[*]Beneath a steel sky (maybe TTG should just buy Revolution. I can't imagine it'll cost much considering all the cuts they've had to make and it'll be a sure fire way to get a leg in the UK)
[*]Blade Runner
[*]Gateway
[*]Death Gate
[*]Shannara
[*]Blazing Dragons
[*]Digimon (this guy, apparently, was serious)
[*]So Blonde
[*]Kyrandia
[*]Normality
[*]Nightlong
[*]Sanitarium
[*]Stupid Invaders
[*]Ceville
[*]Flight of the Amazon Queen
[*]Still Life
[*]Chewy
[*]The Accolade adventures (I may have got confused, here, the way that MusicallyInspired's post was phrased made me thing it was but I could have been wrong).
[*]Zak McKracken
[*]Gang Garrison (no idea if this is real)
[*]Neil Gaiman's "The Sandman"
[*]Lucifer (Sandman Spinoff)
[*]Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy
[*]Dilbert
[/LIST]

120 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well I guess I agree but I was still hoping for a reason with more details.

Can you elaborate on Doctor Who - No. No. No. It would work, but you're not supposed to do that with Doctor Who or The Simpsons - F*** off? or even Indiana Jones - Most definitely, Indy has a hundred adventures Because the first 2, in my opinion, would make quite good adventures while Indy, even though there have already been adventure games in this franchise, just wouldn't work so well. Yeah, a lot of those films content are puzzles and adventure but it's also about being chased by soldiers, boulders, car chases, swinging on or over things with whips... if I was to play a game in that franchise I’d expect to feel like I’m participating in the action as well as the puzzles.

• Woah. I had been gone a while. Marduck... Uh... *Awkward* And to everyone who thinks Futurama would not work, think about it. The individual jokes are perfect for the genre. And it would have to be better than that horrible platformer they were in. ANd aside from that, the time is simply right. The "alright" movies are no more, the series is returning, Bender is still awesome!

• @ig0rpwnwEd said: Woah. I had been gone a while. Marduck... Uh... *Awkward* And to everyone who thinks Futurama would not work, think about it. The individual jokes are perfect for the genre. And it would have to be better than that horrible platformer they were in. ANd aside from that, the time is simply right. The "alright" movies are no more, the series is returning, Bender is still awesome!

I agree 100%. As I have stated in more than one topic, WE NEED a Futurama episodic adventure game series, Telltale. :D Not WANT, NEED. It is absolutely the perfect time.

• @ig0rpwnwEd said: Woah. I had been gone a while. Marduck... Uh... *Awkward*

What's awkward? My avatar? i picked it because most people pronounce marduk as mar-duck, so it's kind of a pun.

Or is something else awkward?

I'm inclined to agree about futurama, though. I found the platform mildly entertaining but I think the futurama characters are klepto enough to make it work.

Only problem is narration. I can't see the futurama characters describing every character because very few, maybe none, of the episodes are narrated. (I'm sure none of them are).

• @ig0rpwnwEd said: And to everyone who thinks Futurama would not work, think about it. The individual jokes are perfect for the genre. And it would have to be better than that horrible platformer they were in. ANd aside from that, the time is simply right. The "alright" movies are no more, the series is returning, Bender is still awesome!

Totally 100% agree! Futurama could totally work! The story possibilities, the jokes, even the art design, which I think Telltale could make work after seeing SBCG4AP!

Except for the "alright" movies. I think Bender's Big Score is more than "alright" (though the rest are alright or less).

@ig0rpwnwEd said: Only problem is narration. I can't see the futurama characters describing every character because very few, maybe none, of the episodes are narrated. (I'm sure none of them are).

What do you mean by narration? Wallace and Gromit and Sam and Max aren't narrated either.

Also, I'd love a Telltale Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy game.

• Also, I'd love a Telltale Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy game.

Yes. Very yes.

Though, I tend to think that where the designers are being asked to pull non-adventure-game characters into the adventure game role, they haven't played as well for me as the ones based on existing (or new) characters for the roll. Does that make any sense?

I liked S&M and the initial TOMI more than I liked SBCG4AP and the first three W&G. That being said, I still do like SBCG4AP and W&G.

Edit, I would love: Full Throttle (and I note as well BladeRunner in the first post, which actually was made into a parallel-story based point-n-click adventure game that was pretty solid)

• What about an original IP? The adventures of a top class chef with manic depression being faced with a horde of alien invaders in the hotel he/she/it works in, at the same time there's a furry convention in town...

Or the adventures of Sean Connery...Scottish man of awesomeness.

Or something.

:confused:

• @tredlow said: Except for the "alright" movies. I think Bender's Big Score is more than "alright" (though the rest are alright or less).

Really? Because I thought BBS was alright or less while the others were brilliant.What do you mean by narration? Wallace and Gromit and Sam and Max aren't narrated either. When you click on an item for it to be described one of the characters has to tell you what it is. But I haven't played W&G yet, I'll get back to you once I have (I used my 'free episode' coupon to get the first one).Also, I'd love a Telltale Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy game. Added :) @tredlow said: What about an original IP? The adventures of a top class chef with manic depression being faced with a horde of alien invaders in the hotel he/she/it works in, at the same time there's a furry convention in town...

Or the adventures of Sean Connery...Scottish man of awesomeness.

Or something.

:confused: I fully support original IP to be used to base an Adventure Game upon. Here's the problem; if a fan was to write up an idea for an adventure game then I couldn't just add the title to the list and expect people to know what it is.

IF you, or anybody else, was to actually write up an idea (either on a blog or here on the TTG forums) I'll add a link to the list so that people browsing can see what they're referring to.

• Loom is my favorite Lucasarts game, but I wouldn't really want it to get a sequel. The story is already perfect as is. Maybe a hand-drawn 2D remake, if it helps it get more recognition by newcomers to the genre.

A new Beneath a Steel Sky, or a game set in the same universe would be epic.

If we're going the comedy way, I'd like to see Telltale tackle Simon or Kyrandia.

• @kino said: Loom is my favorite Lucasarts game, but I wouldn't really want it to get a sequel.

:eek:

it was supposed to be the 1st part of a trilogy, it's crying out for sequels!!

Add Comment