User Avatar Image

PETITION to Telltale Games to translate Tales of Monkey Island into SPANISH

posted by trape on - last edited - Viewed by 3.5K users

Before I start, give my congratulations on the great work you are doing specially to Telltale Games that have revived this great saga.

I am a boy of 18 years in Spain, as is my normal level of English is not very high. I have been a good little fan of this saga since Monkey Island 1. I would like you to putt the subtitles in Spanish, althought take many months to make, I will wait, but I would like enjoy 100% of the game and all of his jokes that I thint thar are great, but because of my level of English I don't understand all.

Thank you very much for your attention and I hope that in some month I will see a pack of Tales of Monkey Island in Spanish, which I and a lot of fans that they are in Spain will buy it, so the sales would be secured.

PD:Sorry for my bad english :( and thanks again!

198 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Yandros said: Yeah that's actually in the game. I'm willing to setup a community for fan translations of telltale games, if people are interested. But I don't know how telltale will react. I think legally speaking we need their permission.

I think TTG already said somewhere that they don't want fan translations, so you're going against their will.
    Furthermore, you'll be damaging people that'll officially translate it.

• @Yandros said: Yeah that's actually in the game. I'm willing to setup a community for fan translations of telltale games, if people are interested. But I don't know how telltale will react. I think legally speaking we need their permission.

Should you create this community and we're granted permission by TTG, I'd be glad to participate in this venture :)

EDIT: I didn't know about TTG's stand about fan translations, so I guess I can't help this project.

• Spanish is the second language important in the world. I only say this!
    Please Telltale Games!

• @turingmachine604 said: BTW, there's no reason why Spanish should get precedent over other major languages that are wanting a translation.

List of languages by number of native speakers

The World's Most Widely Spoken Languages

Spanish is the 3rd or the 2nd most widely spoken language.

Mizar, I didn't understand your reply, even using a dictionary ¿can you reply me again in spanish, please?

• @Guybrush_Threepwood said: I think TTG already said somewhere that they don't want fan translations, so you're going against their will.
    Furthermore, you'll be damaging people that'll officially translate it.

Hi Guybrush,

Could you find where they said that please? I want to verify.

Cheers

• I tried, but there's an ocean of posts, I really can't seem to find it!

• This will be my last comment in this thread, as it looks we're not going anywhere:

It's not hard to see TT has considered localized versions, if they haven't done it at launch time it's because they must have had their reasons.
    I bet they are aware there are multiple requests for other languages, and I guess they will check their post-launch sale numbers and potential customer market size and see if it's worth or not and WHEN would it be best for them to do it (from a bussiness point of view)

As a side note, whenever addresing someone (TT in this case) try not to use terms like 'TT should (obligation)' instead others like 'TT could (possibility/suggestion)'. Also all the language fight, which is better/worse argument, is pointless and irrelevant let's leave the egos at home.

I see it may be helpful TT to consider making a sticky stating his stance about localized versions so the topic doesn't come back up each now and then for -insert a random language here-

• My random language generator has selected "swahili"

• @onlyamonkey said: Can't TTG just make a latino forum so they can write petitions, hold rallies, curse out fascists and start mini-revolutions there? Would be awesome imo.

hah of course ' need an american embassy thread to be able to do the last three

i think the translation would come it the original version sells good. It would be nice to have it in other languages , there are a lot of casual gamers that doesnt speak english and benefit from it

• @Yandros said: What would you accept? Simple subtitles, or do you want a full dub?

for me the best would be if the game could be shipped with both audio eng/translation and subs eng/translation, and you could choose them indepently.

almost what Ghostbuster game does, but this one you have to reinstall , and change windows region to change the subs. Not the audio,you can change it ingame.

Of course thats perfect scenario :P

This discussion has been closed.