User Avatar Image

Jumpy Choppy Strange

posted by Caribbean Queen on - last edited - Viewed by 689 users

:confused:
Wow talk about anticlimactic.

The first scene was making me seasick.
I'm stuck after the barfight.
My computer is running this so choppy and I reset the quality to 3 for heaven's sake.
Wow. Anyone in the same boat?

14 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • My computer is only 2 months old - specs are way within range. I did shut down all background programs as you suggested. Much better now. How do you board the ship?

• I had this problem during the 1st section a bit. I reduced the resolution and the quality and it seemed to improve. It's better after landing on the island though. My laptop is nearly 3 years old but it seems to get by mostly!

• Sometimes it helps to upgrade the driver of your video card.

• @borntoend said: I had this problem during the 1st section a bit. I reduced the resolution and the quality and it seemed to improve. It's better after landing on the island though. My laptop is nearly 3 years old but it seems to get by mostly!

I had problem from the very start of game but after coming on here I read about resolution and quality and turned them both down and the game runs as sweet as a nut now.
    I was really frustrated when my cursor was jumping around like a sack of screaming monkeys that I couldn't control.:D

• All fixed now. I am such a happy Caribbean Queen now, I am ready to place my offering on the shrine of Nor Insert Reversed Last Name I Forgot. I take away my first post on this thread - it was just a setting issue. A most awesome game. Love the retro quality of just good storytelling. Love it. Love TTG. Peace Out.

• 2.2 Ghz, 3GB of ram. It worked fine on my computer, although I had to reduce the resolution a notch.

The cursor was still a little slow for my tastes, though.

• I was getting a bad framerate, too, and I shouldn't be on this computer, but knocking down the resolution fixed it. I left the quality at max, the resolution was all it needed.

The cursor is still a little sluggish, but I assumed that was just an annoyance within the game, not a performance issue.

• heh, i had issuses when i first played it on my laptop but I didn't have my power cable in so was guessing that was it. Second time I had power and turned everything up max and it worked smooth as :D

• User Avatar Image
    Don

This game is actually pretty darn demanding but luckily you don't need a solid 60 FPS to enjoy it. Try changing quality from 9 to 6, that gets rid of some effects, mostly DoF I guess and it helps a lot. I even think I prefer it this way.

Would be nice with some more details about what these settings does though. I know this is a puzzle game, but come on, "Quality" and a number is just too vague. Give us individual settings for advanced users, please.

• @Caribbean Queen said: All fixed now. I am such a happy Caribbean Queen now, I am ready to place my offering on the shrine of Nor Insert Reversed Last Name I Forgot. I take away my first post on this thread - it was just a setting issue. A most awesome game. Love the retro quality of just good storytelling. Love it. Love TTG. Peace Out.

Hooray, glad you got it working!

Add Comment