28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Good news for Telltale fans. Whether the game will actually appeal to fans of traditional adventure gamers is another question - ubisoft are likely to want to stick close to the formula they've had so far for the franchise.

• I like the CSI games very much (with the exception of CSI: NY). Normally I prefer traditional adventure games, but the CSI games somehow manage to entertain me a lot...

Of course it all depends on the storys of the cases (I like it espacially when they all come together in the final case).

• Am I the only one who thinks it is really odd Telltale are making another CSI? It's not even episodic, is it? I know this was to be expected since Dan Connors accidently let it slip during a Gamespot interview, but the CSI game isn't exactly heavily promoted around here.

• Thats because Telltale isn't the publisher of the csi games, so everything they release has to be run by ubisoft who are responsible for marketing of the title...

I think that the CSI games bring in quite a bit of funds (that they can use for their own projects) without any risks involved, since ubisoft is financing the whole thing...

• I'm sure, given the size of the franchise, that this deal has to be very lucrative for telltale, particularly if they're doing it on the consoles as well.

Even better, the game is likely to have a different customer base than TTG's "own" offerings, and hence unlikely to compete significantly with these. Seems like a no-brainer for them to do it, given the option.

• @Guybrush Threepwood said: Am I the only one who thinks it is really odd Telltale are making another CSI? It's not even episodic, is it?

Although they're not released episodically, the actual format (aside from it all being on a single retail disc) for their previous games have been five cases, making it very much like a Telltale season. I believe there's an interview where they say that from a development standpoint, the CSI games are handled very much like the other licenses on Telltale's end.

@Guybrush Threepwood said: I'm sure, given the size of the franchise, that this deal has to be very lucrative for telltale, particularly if they're doing it on the consoles as well.

Even better, the game is likely to have a different customer base than TTG's "own" offerings, and hence unlikely to compete significantly with these. Seems like a no-brainer for them to do it, given the option.

And beyond that, Telltale's CSI have also just been good 1st person detective graphic adventure games. This is coming from someone whose only familiarity with CSI is seeing a few minutes while channels surfing, and watching Youtube videos of David Caruso's one liners from CSI: Miami spliced together.

• I own CSI: 3 Dimensions of Murder and CSI: Hard Evidence, but I have yet to play the latter of the two. Perhaps I should before October.

I must say, Telltale really has their hands full now. They have Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures, Tales of Monkey Island, Sam & Max Season Three, and now CSI: Deadly Intent in development. Curse you, Telltale! My game collection will never be complete. :p

• I think, that Wallace & Gromit is nearly finished, so there will be free capacities for the other projects.

• @Udvarnoky said: Telltale's CSI have also just been good 1st person detective graphic adventure games. This is coming from someone whose only familiarity with CSI is seeing a few minutes while channels surfing, and watching Youtube videos of David Caruso's one liners from CSI: Miami spliced together.

Same here. I only picked up the CSI games because of the Telltale connection, I've seen maybe four episodes of the show, but I really enjoyed them. It's a much more immersive and atmospheric experience than other TT games and it's a welcome change of pace for me.

Is anyone else having trouble viewing the product page? Was this officially announced or not? I'm confused :confused:

EDIT: OK, I found a google cache of the page but it doesn't seem to exist on the Ubisoft site anymore. I guess someone goofed up.

The "improved interrogation system" sounds interesting.

Add Comment