13 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @BobTGoldfish said: What proves that the Monkey Island Game fanatics are unlike any other in the world is...

THE SECRET OF MONKEY ISLAND!

Isn't the secret of monkey island the Big Whoop? :confused:
    LeChuck explain this on The Curse Of Monkey Island.

• I think no one really cares that much anymore. It's been 20 years. We're more concerned about the jokes, the story and puzzles.

Honestly any secret Ron Gilbert revealed would probably not live up to the hype and potentially it could kill off the series permanently if it ends anything like MI:2 with the hinted "it all happened in Guybrush's imagination."

• I agree with Mr. Goldfish here. We're a cool bunch of rabid monkeys. :D

• @BobTGoldfish said:
    could you imagine other people putting that many hours into anything else and not getting ANY answers at all?

LOST. Heroes. Blizzard Entertainment. Duke Nukem. Mysterious internet countdown clocks. Announcements of announcements. The posts on this forum between episodes of any Telltale series.

• @Rather Dashing said: LOST. Heroes. Blizzard Entertainment. Duke Nukem. Mysterious internet countdown clocks. Announcements of announcements. The posts on this forum between episodes of any Telltale series.

The Matrix. Half Life Episode 3.

• No-one knows The Secret of Monkey Island, I'm not even sure Gilbert does :D Maybe Chuck Norris.

• IMO the thing that truly make MI unique are the fans. Go to any adventure game discussion, and MI will sooner or later come out in some form or references. It was the yardstick of adventure gaming in the heydays, and the fans still hold the game very close to heart.

MI is not even cultish like Sam & Max, Space Quest or Zak McKraken. It is mainstream with lots of fans, who could still recall fondly of the previous installations.

• PariahKing pretty much said what I wanted to say.

Also, I think what really helps this game is Guybrush's motivation. There are two types of heroes, the ones that rush toward adventure and the ones that are just waiting for it to end. Guybrush really enjoys his adventures. There is this glow of excitement and curiousity in his eyes, that really makes us like him. Dominic Armato really captures that with his voice. And unlike other famous franchises who are back just for the money, our Guybrush is just as positive and charged with spirit as day one. Heh, remember when Indiana Jones was like that?

• The secret of Monkey Island...

Isn't it the same as the secret to limitless power in Kung Fu Panda?

Add Comment