User Avatar Image

ScummVM

posted by TOAST on - last edited - Viewed by 527 users

Hey,
Is ToMI compatible with ScummVM?(here) I would really like to play this on my DS...and my Mac...and my Iphone...and the Wii(Yeah I know, I can get it through WiiWare, but I have no idea when that's coming out). Lol, I know, I'm obsessed with it, but who cares?:p

Mods:If ScummVM isn't supported or liked here, sorry and please delete this thread

17 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • the SE uses scumm, but the scummvm team already said they probably won't support it.

• @smashing said: Interesting. I didn't know about Residual before, and it sure have a lot of potential.

Actually, I didn't remember about it until someone reminded me here as well :)

• If already the Dig and Full Throttle require a RAM expansion pack for the DS to run them, imagine what kind of expansion would be needed if you wanted to play ToMI on it :D

• ScummVM support wouldn't be bad for SOMI:SE, at least if that means I could run it on my Palm using ScummVM, too bad they won't support it.

• @Larrin said: ScummVM support wouldn't be bad for SOMI:SE, at least if that means I could run it on my Palm using ScummVM, too bad they won't support it.

Hey, another Palm owner :)
    Which one? (Palm m105>Sony Clié 615C>Sony Clié NX70V>Tapwave Zodiac 2>Sony Clié UX50>Palm Centro)

P.S. Chrilith hasn't updated the Palm port in a while and I kinda doubt that it will ever happen again with PalmOS following the Dodo.

• @hansschmucker said: Hey, another Palm owner :)
    Which one? (Palm m105>Sony Clié 615C>Sony Clié NX70V>Tapwave Zodiac 2>Sony Clié UX50>Palm Centro)

P.S. Chrilith hasn't updated the Palm port in a while and I kinda doubt that it will ever happen again with PalmOS following the Dodo.

I have the Centro. I'm pretty sure the PalmOS port won't be updated ever again either, but that won't stop me from dreaming of playing SoMI:SE on my Centro.

• @Mataku said: the SE uses scumm, but the scummvm team already said they probably won't support it.

Any reason why? It is not technically possible with addition of the new art, vo's and Xbox 360 controller capability? I'm just curious is all! :confused:

• @lawrencek said: Any reason why? It is not technically possible with addition of the new art, vo's and Xbox 360 controller capability? I'm just curious is all! :confused:

It is technically possible, but I think they do not want to clash with Lucasarts.
    After all the game is brand new!

• @werpu said: It is technically possible, but I think they do not want to clash with Lucasarts.
    After all the game is brand new!

If it were supported in scummvm it would mean no drm, a potential loss for lucasarts, and no more adventure games! Scummvm was originally intended to help us play our old games on newer systems. although it does seem to have become an emulator as of late.. Not that i'm complaining! I was sat on the bus this morning playing cmi:cool:

• @zmally said: although it does seem to have become an emulator as of late..

??? I don't get it. (Yes, I know what an emulator is, I just don't know how ScummVM could turn into one)

Add Comment