User Avatar Image

Im confused about streem

posted by coolsome on - last edited - Viewed by 213 users

can I just buy special edition and download game like I do on telltale??

31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Marduk said: Just FYI there are other classic Lucas Arts adventure games that have been released on Steam ('LOOM' and 'The Dig')

Don't forget the 2 Indiana Jones Games.

@Marduk said: Is steam the only place from which to download the game?

On The PC this seems to be the case until now.

• And its just the first badge of games :) im pretty sure we will see more, i hope Lucas Arts and telltale can work out something to bring Sam & Max Hit The Road on steam.

• @RMJ1984 said: And its just the first badge of games :) im pretty sure we will see more, i hope Lucas Arts and telltale can work out something to bring Sam & Max Hit The Road on steam.

Telltale wouldn't need to be involved. LucasArts fully owns Hit the Road. They can do whatever they want with it.

• @hansschmucker

We get that you don't like Steam, but this whole thread you do nothing but not only bash it but spread outright false information for it to run. Maybe the reason you had such a bad experience is because you didn't know how to work the program.

• No false information on my part, that's simply what happened. Maybe I didn't know how to work the program, but should I really have to?

• I should probably add that I've just tried Steam again and the issue hasn't surfaced again so far. We'll see how it goes this time (this is the third time I've installed Steam, each time on a different system... the issues occurred on both previous systems).

• SoMI:SE is nearly here, w00t! it should be less than an hour to go.

• @hansschmucker said: When it's updating (or was updating when you last closed it) it won't allow you to run any game unless you're connected to the internet and if you have no internet connection for some time it will randomly require online authentication and not allow you to run any games. Basically, it's a very elaborate DRM scheme that provides good service for online games that need a connection anyway and require frequent updates, while bringing only misery when all you really want to play is single player.

Sums it up pretty perfectly for me. I was really struggling to stay afloat last year, so I went about 6-7 months without a home inet connection. Steam games were off limits for about 4 months... not great, considering i'd paid good money for them all!

Steam can be pretty handy, and it will work well for the majority of people. But I hope it never gets out of hand, so I can still have my obsolete CD that never fails! (... until I scratch it to pieces after about a decade or two).

• @RMJ1984 said: And its just the first badge of games :) im pretty sure we will see more, i hope Lucas Arts and telltale can work out something to bring Sam & Max Hit The Road on steam.

Hit the Road was listed in an interview (I can't recall which one) as a possible candidate for the special edition treatment. I hope they don't release it in it's current form, that way if MI:SE sells well and they actually make more SE games, we might see an SE for it instead. :)

• Sam and Max would definitely fit their new cartoon style better... on the other hand I can't say that there's really much need for it. Speech is already in there and with a decent filter it looks like this:
    samnmaxhq3x.png
    The difference to a SE wouldn't really be enough IMHO.

Add Comment