User Avatar Image

Steams top sellers list is weird

posted by werpu on - last edited - Viewed by 170 users

Hello everyone, no this is not off topic, but one thing I noticed when I bought MI:SE.
TOMI was on top of the steam bestsellers list for two weeks now, but within a week the game literally dissapeared. With dissapeared I mean absolutely dissapeard, it does not even appear anymore in the Telltale top sellers list (where even the poker game appears)

So my question to all knowing, is this an accident, or does steam take games off the list if they have been a certain time on top, by making them invisible in the top sellsers lists!

11 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I thought this was strange too. Its back up there today at no5 though :) and mise at no1!

• @tmsmyth4 said: I thought this was strange too. Its back up there today at no5 though :) and mise at no1!

The Special Edition probably "pulled" it back up, with people buying both at the same time.

• It's still #5 when I look at the Steam topsellers?!?

Edit: Dang, forgot to refresh (this forum page) before posting. What he said.

• I don't get it; does that mean that if I sold one unit at £50, my game would be Steam's top-seller of the week... and in which case how is SomISE at £7 a unit top... am I completely misreading this?

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

@Gryffalio said: I don't get it; does that mean that if I sold one unit at £50, my game would be Steam's top-seller of the week... and in which case how is SomISE at £7 a unit top... am I completely misreading this?

I think you have to read it like:
    "steam does its top ten by money made from each game and not by how many copies of the game it sold."

Which is good news, because Lucasarts said that they might produce new adventures if MI:SE sells well.
    Since it is on the top although it's low price, they probably sold a lot of copies recently. At least more than the more expensive games. Let's wait and see how it is in the weekly charts later on. I could imagine that it's just the first few days, when all fans are exited.

• May be most people buy ToMI through Telltale instead of using Steam.

• @DjNDB said: I think you have to read it like:
    "steam does its top ten by money made from each game and not by how many copies of the game it sold."

Which is good news, because Lucasarts said that they might produce new adventures if MI:SE sells well.
    Since it is on the top although it's low price, they probably sold a lot of copies recently. At least more than the more expensive games. Let's wait and see how it is in the weekly charts later on. I could imagine that it's just the first few days, when all fans are exited.

Aha, thanks for clearing it up.
    I thought it must be something like that, but I must have misread earlier in the thread.

• How do you look at the weekly sales chart on steam, when ever i click on it it opens me to a page, which i cant really understand i get stuff like this: <?xml version="1.0" ?>
    -
    -

• @prizna said: How do you look at the weekly sales chart on steam, when ever i click on it it opens me to a page, which i cant really understand i get stuff like this: <?xml version="1.0" ?>
    -
    -

I had the same problem. it worked when i tried it through my browser by going onto the steam website

http://store.steampowered.com/feeds/weeklytopsellers.xml

Add Comment