User Avatar Image

Lost CoMI

posted by britt12334 on - last edited - Viewed by 214 users

i kniw this isnt exactly about tales of monkey island but i figure someone here might know what to do. I lost my second disc to Curse of Monkey island i dont think i can even install it w/o the second disc and ideas about what i can do?

24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Aractus said: I'm pretty sure that's ILLEGAL.

Contact LucasArts, they're usually very helpful to their customers.

...If you live in the US!! As far as I know we still can't order anything from their store in the UK:mad:

• @zmally said: ...If you live in the US!! As far as I know we still can't order anything from their store in the UK:mad:

It's illegal in the UK too! ¬_¬ and besides... these games are a lot easier to get hold of in the UK, just check ebay. They're not even at ridiculous prices!

• That's a shame. The launcher has a feature that lets you rip the game files directly from the disc. If you still had it, you wouldn't need the disc.

• Ahem... I know I always say that I like the first two games best. This is still true, but... I never said that I don't like CoMI. I was disturbed by the looks of Guybrush first (because he looked so different and unnaturally proportioned), but it's a great game. I love it and I would love to play it once more.

I have the same problem like britt: can't find my copy. On the other hand, I only owned the German version so I will have to buy the English version anyway.

Now how to get the English version in Germany for a reasonable price? I don't wanna pay 20 Euros or more just for the shipping.
    Does anyone know if there's a place where you can LEGALLY download CoMI?

• @Aractus said: I'm pretty sure that's ILLEGAL.

Contact LucasArts, they're usually very helpful to their customers.

I'm not sure, I think it's a grey area... with ROMs and such they're considered a 'backup' of what you already own (or you are supposed to delete it within 24 hours) so isn't that the same with disc images?

• @guitarsareboring said: I'm not sure, I think it's a grey area... with ROMs and such they're considered a 'backup' of what you already own (or you are supposed to delete it within 24 hours) so isn't that the same with disc images?

The 24 hours rule is an urban legend. I'm not sure why they even write that. Publishing something without permission is illegal in most countries under most circumstances.

• @Scapetti said: It's illegal in the UK too! ¬_¬ and besides... these games are a lot easier to get hold of in the UK, just check ebay. They're not even at ridiculous prices!

I meant LucasArts are helpful to their customers if you live in the US.. Being in the UK we're not allowed to buy anything from their store. Although this may have changed in recent years I'll have to try it again :)

• Why care if its legal or not? Since you own the game its ok to download it.People pirate games all the time without pay a "nickel" and you that you have brought the game you don't do it because its illegal. Is not like you are murdering someone or anything... Come on people stop being so, so legal freaks...

• Yeah stop following the law people! I mean it's not the law or anything and you won't end up in prison!

• @zmally said: ...If you live in the US!! As far as I know we still can't order anything from their store in the UK:mad:

I don't live in the USA.

They're still usually helpful regardless of where you live.
    @zmally said: I'm not sure, I think it's a grey area... with ROMs and such they're considered a 'backup' of what you already own (or you are supposed to delete it within 24 hours) so isn't that the same with disc images?
    "ROMS" are only considered a back-up if you copy the file yourself, and you have the legal right to do so (either a specific exemption in your local copyright law, or you have written authorization from the copyright holder to do so) ... "delete within 24 hours" is a bunch of rubbish that WAREZ sites put on their pages, it doesn't actually mean anything.

In *most* countries there are no specific legal provisions allowing for software back-ups without prior authorization by the copyright proprietor; even though there are usually legal provisions allowing the backing up of music and video.

Add Comment