User Avatar Image

Does anyone know if they're making a Quake 5?

posted by Simon 123890 on - last edited - Viewed by 336 users

Just...read the title.


Does anyone know if they're making a Doom 4.............................................................................................................................................................................................too?

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Regarding Quake 5, from what I've read id probably will do after they've made Doom 4, which is being worked on now using their new id Tech 5 engine (which they are using to create Rage and will probably use it for Quake 5 and/or a sequel to Arena).

  • I'm sure you've heard of quake live...I guess that will be the fifth one.

  • @natlinxz said: I'm sure you've heard of quake live...I guess that will be the fifth one.

    I would hope not, since it's just Quake 3 in a browser.

    But yeah, I hope a Quake 5 gets made. Preferably in the vein of the first one. The Strogg are interesting and all, but so was Shub Niggurath and her merry gang of beasties.

  • @ShaggE said: I would hope not, since it's just Quake 3 in a browser.

    But yeah, I hope a Quake 5 gets made. Preferably in the vein of the first one. The Strogg are interesting and all, but so was Shub Niggurath and her merry gang of beasties.

    As far as I'm concerned, there hasn't been a Quake 2 yet.

  • ^ Agreed. I still pretend Quake 2-4 never happened. It's made me a happier person.

    After the recent takeover, I hope id dies a quick painless death. But then again, one might argue they've been gradually dying ever since 1996.

  • @PimPamPet said: ^ Agreed. I still pretend Quake 2-4 never happened. It's made me a happier person.

    After the recent takeover, I hope id dies a quick painless death. But then again, one might argue they've been gradually dying ever since 1996.




    I hope not. They have been progressing with the game for a while and the series for me was pretty good. The only problem with the series is that they had you doing alot of side missions in with the real missions. So when you play it and you finish a story, your confused with the real story at the briefing. And just to throw it out there, I thought Quake 2 was better than Quake 3 and 4. Quake 3 was just an arena. All you need is the demo really.


    I haven't played Doom 3 yet, but I'm still schyched about Doom 4. Kinda cool to me. Different versions of demons. Fun


    I also want more weapons like in Quake 4. Like the BFG 2000. I want a big explosion.

  • Plus, who in the world could forget Wolfenstein? The FIRST FPS ever made!

  • @Simon 123890 said: Plus, who in the world could forget Wolfenstein? The FIRST FPS ever made!

    The next Wolfenstein is supposed to come out midway through August this year.

  • @PimPamPet said: After the recent takeover, I hope id dies a quick painless death. But then again, one might argue they've been gradually dying ever since 1996.

    I think the takeover is the best thing that could have happened to them. Now it means that they don't have to worry too much about getting their games published and concentrate more on development.

  • I knew that. I just want to make a point that id Software is not that bad.

Add Comment